Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

when reading manga/webcomics online do you....

When I read webcomics/manga on line for a while sometimes I get to the point where I can't read anything anymore. I don't feel motivated to read anything at all it's like my mind is blocking me from reading. Does this happen to anyone else or do I just read way too much? I read about 80 or so stories at a time (read one for 200-300pages move on to the next one depending on how interesting or long the comic is) right now I have about 130 tabs open and I can't read any of them :-/

i find manga easier to read when you download it, then find a good photo viewer to read them on.
what i used to do was take my desktop crt monitor (1280x1024) tip it on its side, and put stuff under the back to level it, (degauss to make colors correct) then get a program that flips your monitor sideways. a lot easier to read page by page that way...

if you just cant bring yourself to reading anymore, then watch a movie or go outside :D

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1223264760/0#0 date=1223264760]right now I have about 130 tabs open
WHAT BROWSER DO YOU USE?[/quote]
firefox ;D

sad_sagi said:
i find manga easier to read when you download it, then find a good photo viewer to read them on.
what i used to do was take my desktop crt monitor (1280x1024) tip it on its side, and put stuff under the back to level it, (degauss to make colors correct) then get a program that flips your monitor sideways. a lot easier to read page by page that way...

if you just cant bring yourself to reading anymore, then watch a movie or go outside :D
well I'm using a wide screen at 1440x900 atm so I can actually read the pages. I have most of the manga downloaded with 2 pages displaying at once so that works for me. Outside is out of the question as it's 30 degrees now and I don't have anything but shorts and t-shirts and a few pairs of baggy cargo pants to wear :p

This shows just the tip of the iceburg I read a very very wide variety of comics ranging from good old comedy and action to furry and Transgendered it's all good to me as long as the story is good and the artwork isn't so terrible I can't barely tell whats going on.

picturething.jpg

maybe you should have bought a coat instead of a fancy monitor :eek:

the vertical res is what i hate about widescreens... if you are reading manga scans it is easier to read if you rotate it

or ya know, whiddle a long tree branch into a spear and go outside wearing your underwear, 300 style

sad_sagi said:
maybe you should have bought a coat instead of a fancy monitor :eek:

the vertical res is what i hate about widescreens... if you are reading manga scans it is easier to read if you rotate it

or ya know, whiddle a long tree branch into a spear and go outside wearing your underwear, 300 style
fancy? i got this monitor for about $70 at bestbuy... it's about to get really really cold here (moved from Florida to Michigan) at least I think it feels cold.
the monitor is an acer 24" and the resolution doesn't go much higher than 1440x900 which kinda sucks. :-/ i had a crt that went well over 2200x2600 or something like that but that got hit by lightning when I forgot to unplug it during a storm :'(