Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's wrong with the timestamps?

I've noticed the forum clock is getting faster. Around two weeks ago, I saw the forum was around 11 minutes ahead of actual. Tonight, it's at least 14 minutes ahead. Any idea why it was off in the first place? Also, is there an NTP server that the server uses to keep the time in check? If so, I think it may be time for a change... :thanks:

the forum says it 1:33 but my clock says 8:22, disregarding the time zone shift, the minutes for me look about ~10 minutes fast.

Odd... I'm seeing at least 15 minutes tonight, and my system clock is definitely synchronizing to a time server. So I'm not sure what's up with times right now. I can confirm my iPad has the same time as my laptop though.

Just as a matter of curiosity, are you synchronizing to a time server? If so, which one? I have [0-2].fedora.pool.ntp.org set up right now.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
not synchronizing but going to do it now i think, good call

Thanks c0ld. Might create a bit of confusion once the clock jumps, but should help in the future.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
ok should be better now, note that its NORMAL if for a few minutes ur posts are out of order due to this=)

but its worth it for the long term

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
ok should be better now, note that its NORMAL if for a few minutes ur posts are out of order due to this=)

but its worth it for the long term

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yeah when the clock goes back a few minutes it might make post go out of order but after it catches up it should be fine i think

Awesome, definitely matched up to my times now. Thanks c0ld, should be easier to read threads now. :thanks:

The issue seems to be cropping up again... I have four clocks here including a cell phone that all say 3:50 or 3:51, but this post will likely show up at 3:54 according to the forum (EDT timezone). Are the servers continually synchronizing, or was it just a one-time thing?