Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's the current draw off the DX 50/100mw Green?

bledis

Re: What's the current draw off the DX 50/100mw Gr

Actually 2 methods which didnt helped me. That part even doesnt moves from position :eek:

chimo

3 methods. Posts 11, 15 and 16. You appear to have tried one which did not work for *you*. Did you try the others?

The other two methods have worked for MANY OTHERS. So, you DO know how to remove the cap - you just don't appear to have the resources at your disposal to do it. So now, you can either accept not being able to open it or get the resources to do it. Your choice - your problem.

bledis said:
Actually 2 methods which didnt helped me. That part even doesnt moves from position :eek:

Heat from a hot heat gun softens the glue.
But the optics can get hazed with smoke and vapors that condense.
Use forsed ventalation to drive it away and when ....apart cool it quickly so heat won't spread.

I recommend stuffing the laser with saran(guard from copper grindings) then use the brown skinny dremmel wheel and cut a opening to that stupid driver whatever ...

Krutz

i just measured my 50mw kaidomain cr2 green laserpointer to 266mA.
in case anyone is interested.
no pot, so i cant be tempted ;-)

manuel

Got DX 100/50mwW finally.
The labby is a 50mW pointer module in a 3 ounce alum fin/brick and it went out of mode  (TEM01)untill I clamped it down on a big heatsink. I can pulse it with the TTL interface.
It draws 320mA stock (turn it to .5A latter for 100mW?)just like my true 50mW DX pointer. The driver board works tight!
I don't like the 555chip 5 sec-on delay and the 2.1 voltage drop, but you can wire-up the power up passed that circuitry. The beam was spreading too much so I took a Axis piece and screwwed it inside the module to remove the collimater piece and heated the lens threads to break the setting glue and screwed in the lens correctly and put it all back to perfection. Got a neat light-show module now. Nice stable @40-50mW beam.

Pictures and schematics latter..

DGM

i had to use two vicegrips to get the top off my friend's

@Laserrod

That's great!

When can I see some photos? and a mini review? I'm itching to order one. How visible is the beam in daylight? So is this actually a 50mW version or is it a 100mW version? Do you have a meter that you could whip out and check?

Using a Die4Drive, I'm planning to use this module with analogue modulation, so do you think that this would be possible? or am I going to fry it? Also, do you think this would be a good module to fit into a scanner? Or is it too low powered?

Cheers,

Dan :)