Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Whats missing?

So Survival laser cant sell me the diode of their component budle due to us regulations.
Here is what i CAN buy:
Survival Laser I Host Bundle - Components Only- No Diode
Now, heres the full version:
Survival Laser I 445nm Parts Bundle - Laser Components Only
It seems like im only missing the 445 nm laser diode and driver module.
Is the laser and driver modual all one thing? or is there a diode module and driver module?
I could buy the remaining parts from DIY but i want to know what exactly i have to buy.

It says in the international version that there is a laser diode and driver module. In the us version it doesnt. So thats why im confused on which is which.
Edit i watched an assembly vid on youtube and the diode connects to the driver pill. ok so would i only need the diode? And would a 445 nm M140 Diode be compatible?

Last edited:

busman2

DTR has diodes and drivers and Flamingpyro has drivers and silicone wire. Both are forum members and you will find them with the search button!

Garoq

If you purchase a SL host bundle you only need the diode pressed in a module with wires attached from DTR, plus batteries, charger, goggles, etc.

It comes with a driver. All you need is a diode pressed into a module. If you are good with a soldering iron
and have an ESD wrist strap, you should be able to do it yourself. Otherwise you can send it to someone
who can solder it for you.