Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What would MacGyver do?

I got my 14500's in the mail today, so i decided to make a new, smaller housing for my 200mW red and i needed it to be just something around the house as i am broke. So i said to myself, "what would MacGyver do?" So i looked around, found my foolish old analog multimeter and figured it would be indeed perfect and i have a DMM anyways. It took quite a while to clear out the inside since there were big chunks of plastic everywhere to hold the PCB and they were too thick to be cut. So i pretty much just took a lighter and caught it on fire and blew it out and cut it while it was still gooey :cool:

pic0519081jpg-1.jpg

sorry for bad quality(phone) it's still slightly big, but about half the size of my old one so it works lol. it was also lucky that my switch fit PERFECTLY into one of the probe holes, i was real happy with that. i had to tape the sides for it to stay closed. that's why the wires are on the outside so i dont have to open it to charge it. anyways, i'm happy with it ;D

neat!

I'd have tried to save the function of the multimeter though... it'd be cool if you could have used the dial to select different power levels, or to have the little analog readout showing the current the diode is at.

either way, nice job!

pseudolobster said:
neat!

I'd have tried to save the function of the multimeter though... it'd be cool if you could have used the dial to select different power levels, or to have the little analog readout showing the current the diode is at.

either way, nice job!

it wouldn't have fit if i left the dial in, i did indeed think of that ;) just wouldn't work