Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

What type of laser is this?

DrSid

The User Manual for the Leica 6700 Series Pipe Laser shows an image (on page 39) of the label on the laser that very closely matches the labels shown in your picture. Page 21 of the PDF states the whole unit is powered by a 12 VDC source, and even suggests connection to a car or truck battery. That certainly correlates with those clamps on your cable.

I found the PDF User Manual on the product information page found here:

Laser Alignment 6770 Pipe Laser - Red Beam Pipe Laser W/Alignmaster (Free Accessory Kit) - Pipe Lasers

The specs on the webpage suggests a 635 nm Laser Diode.
The label might be similar .. but that does not mean it is the same laser ! The Leica one is a lot smaller. It has the same beam parameters, but that does not mean it has the same construction, or that it needs same voltage.

Forgotten

I attached it to my truck battery and can confirm that it does send a red laser. Nothing exciting. Any idea what it's worth or where I could sell it?

pschlosser

gratz figuring this out. it's pretty cool it still works. as a laser, a 5mW one at that, it may only be worth $20. but as a component to some expensive survey system, it could be worth a lot more.

jeffreythe00

With the assumption that there is a HENE in there. I would say its worth somewhere in the range of 40-100$. 100$ for a red HENE? Well if the bare tube is nice... sometimes people would pay more. 60-75$ isn't too much to ask for a confirmed working HENE with a matching supply.

Where could you sell it. Well you could sell it here if you wanted. EBay is another option. You could also probably take it to an local eBay store or perhaps local auction house. Though you probably wouldn't sell it for much if it sell at all.

Forgotten

I definitely want to sell it, as it's of no use to me. It's just under 9 lbs and using the usps priority mailing tube (long triangle), it would cost $30 to ship. That being said, I'll sell it to the best offer I receive. If this is not the proper forum or place, please let me know. I don't want to break any rules.... nor do I want to deal with eBay.

Forgotten

I dug this out again and looked at it some more. Inside, I can see this part shop.faulhaber(dot)com/1524t012sr.html ...which is "FAULHABER® Coreless Technology series 1524_SR, 15 mm dia. brush DC micro motor, 12V coil, silver precious metal commutation and 1.5 mm dia. plain shaft." That part alone is selling for $78. I'm tempted to see if I can disassemble this thing and find out what else is in it.. but I don't want to break it.