Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what to get

I'm looking for a laser that can easily be seen and has enough burning capabilities to light firework fuses. My budget is 350$ for the LASER not the safety glasses and other necessities. I have already looked at the NOVA Alpha105 but the specs say it won't lite fireworks. Any suggestions?

You could build a very nice 300mW red laser for ~$100, you could easily light matches at 20 feet with one of those. You could get an X125 from Nova, The X series is cheaper, and it doesn't have all of those safety features that could get annoying.

styropyro said:
You could build a very nice 300mW red laser for ~$100, you could easily light matches at 20 feet with one of those. You could get an X125 from Nova, The X series is cheaper, and it doesn't have all of those safety features that could get annoying.

i looked at the x-series also, but it says those won't light firework fuses either. also i want a VERY visible laser along with burning capabilities so a red laser might not work.

Razako

A good x-125 should light firework fuses. It really isn't much harder than lighting a match and the spec sheets sometimes lie about the true capabilities to convince you to buy a more powerful laser. You can also try saving a couple hundred more and buying an RPL-165 or X-175.

why not ask someone here in the forums to build a high powered red?

there are very good laser builders in here..

Razako said:
A good x-125 should light firework fuses. It really isn't much harder than lighting a match and the spec sheets sometimes lie about the true capabilities to convince you to buy a more powerful laser. You can also try saving a couple hundred more and buying an RPL-165 or X-175.

ya, thought that the spec sheet was trying to get me to buy more stuff. The X-125 does seem like a good laser for he money but how visible is it. I want a VERY visible laser along with burning capabilities. I want to AMAZE some people with the visibility.

Razako

snarf91 said:
[quote author=Razako link=1208298634/0#3 date=1208466534]A good x-125 should light firework fuses. It really isn't much harder than lighting a match and the spec sheets sometimes lie about the true capabilities to convince you to buy a more powerful laser. You can also try saving a couple hundred more and buying an RPL-165 or X-175.

ya, thought that the spec sheet was trying to get me to buy more stuff. The X-125 does seem like a good laser for he money but how visible is it. I want a VERY visible laser along with burning capabilities. I want to AMAZE some people with the visibility.[/quote]
The X-125 is very visible. You will be able to shoot a bright green beam into the sky and see the dot on buildings miles away.

diachi

if ur burning with the x125 you will deffinatley need laser goggles