Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

What mw could this laser be?

I'm new to here and lasers. I bought a cheap laser (532) off ebay. It popped an orange balloon at close range but doesn't burn black tape. I havnt yet tried lighting matches but it seems quite bright. The beam is visible at night but I can't feel it on my skin. Here is the link to my laser. I was wondering if it pops a ballon could anyone tell me the minimum output it is. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400846275769?_mwBanner=1

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please use the search function on the bottom of the home page. This similar question has been answered many times.

-Alex

gozert

It's really hard to tell what power your laser could be. Not only because you don't have a LPM to measure it, but also because ebay lasers usually emit quite a bit of IR aside of the 532nm.

Was just after a rough estimate it says <1000mw and even though I'm new to lasers, I've done enough research to know it's no where near even 200mw. was just after a rough guess off people who know what they are dealing with

I've ordered a 405 and a 445 500mw laser from laserer.com with certificate. I'm sure I will have more luck with these. Was going to get the 1.2w 445 but seems like a bit to crazy for me just yet

mortuus

I've ordered a 405 and a 445 500mw laser from laserer.com with certificate. I'm sure I will have more luck with these. Was going to get the 1.2w 445 but seems like a bit to crazy for me just yet
u mean lazerer? wow they are absolute crap u should have asked before u bought from them, there are way better laser companies then them..

gozert

They send a power certificate don't they? I also ordered a 200mw from rayfoss.com www.rayfoss.com
Let me guess. This is crap aswell?
A power certificate doesn't guarantee a certain output. Lazerer has proven to be a bad company many times, you really should've done research before buying from them. Rayfoss used to be a decent company, but I believe they went downhill as well. Also, get yourself a pair of protection goggles.