Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What makes a good camera for lasers?

G fourty.. I've literally sat down with the camera before in full manual mode playing with each setting one at a time (and there are lots heh) Nothing I did would make it stop rendering 660's as pink. 405 also always showed up as a dim blue instead of violet.

And laserz, can you post beamshots taken with your camera? Things like color reproduction is highly subjective. To quote daguin 'One man's cool is another man's crappy'

Last edited:

DJNY

I should get a Nikon D700 somewhere or from Amazon and ship it back after a photosession :D

Need a cam for picking up my RB as it is.

I should have probably said avoid Kodak too. Unless they've changed in the last two years when I worked electronics probably a third of kodaks came back. Generally if you stick with the major brands; Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Olympus, and Sony you'll get a good camera. Casio makes decent ones too but we haven't had any in recently so I cant comment on their current models.

Greg, you need 635nm and 685nm!

LOL. Im on the list for the next jetlasers group buy. I decided to go with the 20mW 635nm Ti-Pen. IDK if anyone else has bought one and Im not to optimistic that it will be over-spec but I love the look of the host.

As far as 685nm, Im not sure I've ever even seen one.. Is there a color diff between that and say 660nm? Iv'e heard they all look the same at that point.

-Greg

DJNY

LOL. Im on the list for the next jetlasers group buy. I decided to go with the 20mW 635nm Ti-Pen. IDK if anyone else has bought one and Im not to optimistic that it will be over-spec but I love the look of the host.

As far as 685nm, Im not sure I've ever even seen one.. Is there a color diff between that and say 660nm? Iv'e heard they all look the same at that point.

-Greg

The JET is going to be a good choice. These hosts are great heatsinked (for the size) and should keep the 635nm cool, producing a lower wavelength and lower temperature. I was also shortly before buying one of these.

Believe me, if you have two working eyes, you´ll see the difference!

Attachments

• 635.jpg
    635.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 642.jpg
    642.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 685.jpg
    685.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 96
I still need to do something with my 10 20mW 635nm diodes. bleah. and the pile of 685's I have too. Guess i'll rip apart some newwish reds and greens for the drivers. heh.

Last edited:

DJNY

I still need to do something with my 10 20mW 635nm diodes. bleah. and the pile of 685's I have too. Guess i'll rip apart some newwish reds and greens for the drivers. heh.

I´m sure a lot of people would be interested in finished 20mW 635nm pens ;)

Because I like keeping my options open? heh. Why does aryntha have multiples of almost every laser he owns? Some people just collect stuff.

I might be convinced to offer kits.. but there are just too many legalities about selling complete lasers. It's not worth the risk to me.

DJNY

Because I like keeping my options open? heh. Why does aryntha have multiples of almost every laser he owns? Some people just collect stuff.

I might be convinced to offer kits.. but there are just too many legalities about selling complete lasers. It's not worth the risk to me.

Options are good. Not only with girls.

Of course you can do what I want - thanks for your explanation.

The JET is going to be a good choice. These hosts are great heatsinked (for the size) and should keep the 635nm cool, producing a lower wavelength and lower temperature. I was also shortly before buying one of these.

Believe me, if you have two working eyes, you´ll see the difference!

Yeah I agree, Not only that but Im big into buying high quality stuff and Jetlasers seems to produce just that. Are you still thinking about buying one, and do you think they could ship overspec, or would that result in a higher wavelength of 640nm+?

I´m sure a lot of people would be interested in finished 20mW 635nm pens ;)

Agreed. @Qumefox, You could just build them and sell some off in the b/s/t like yob and the others do.. I doubt you would have any issues especially if you just kept it to the US only.

@JB sorry for the thread jack : /

LaZeRz

Thanks for the rep :beer:

A cool feature about the l120 is that you can zoom right in to the moon and take really nice shots :D

G Fourty; NO problem re: Thread Jack.

I'm an easy going kinda guy, and there is always something to learn in random dialogue. (easy going now that nicotine withdrawal is finally winding down)

LaZeRz : Do you maybe have any beam shots to post from the L120? Preferably w/ a variety of wavelengths?

It's looking like I will probably have to spend at least $200-$300, IF I want a NEW camera that will take good shots.

Last edited:
G Fourty; NO problem re: Thread Jack.
I'm an easy going kinda guy, and there is always something to learn in random dialogue. (easy going now that nicotine withdrawal is finally winding down)

Did you just quit smoking, Man I tried a few days ago and lasted for about 12 hours lol. I bought some patches and I've set a date to do this for the last time. I just know its going to be rough.. As I smoke a pack a day. If I can go a few days I should be fine.

-Greg

First (recent) attempt I only made it through 3 days. Smoked again for about another week. Then I made it for FIVE days, "fell off the wagon" when I bummed a smoke (just 1) from a neighbor, and I've been "clean" since. I've lost track - a week and a half, now, maybe?

They say that after 3 days, a person is completely "detoxed", and all remaining symptoms are just psychological. I don't know if I believe that.

I would say that if you make it past 4-5-6 days, you will be ok, provided you ignore temptations as they arise... such as meeting a friend who smokes. THEN the temptation to borrow a cigarette becomes almost unbearable. Take deep breaths, it'll pass.

(Why do they/we say BORROW a cigarette anyway? Does that mean I have to give it BACK when I am done with it?!?!??)

Last edited: