Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What kind of safety glasses/goggles to get?

Alright, I'm new here, and am getting very confused. I wanted to make a laser for myself, but don't have any of the basics, so I thought I'd start here.

What kind of safety goggles should I get :cool:, I want to work with lasers that pop balloons, and burn other stuff. I will probably make a high-powered one sometime. I want strong goggles for this, could I get some links to well known sites, such as amazon or ebay, or names of goggles that I could search for?

Thanks for your help.

T

timelord

Don't trust ebay for safety goggle if you are using red lasers then the cheapest will be from www.wickedlasers.com
The goggles are good but the lasers are overpriced and not recommended.....

So the Red 650 nm Lasershades would work? I wanted to use red lasers. Their highest powered red laser was 125mw, what if I wanted to make a 200mw laser, would these still protect? I don't know how to interpret nm's. What are they? Couldn't find them on wikipedia.

T

timelord

Jimmy575 said:
So the Red 650 nm Lasershades would work? I wanted to use red lasers. Their highest powered red laser was 125mw, what if I wanted to make a 200mw laser, would these still protect? I don't know how to interpret nm's. What are they? Couldn't find them on wikipedia.
In short yes they will protect you mate ;)