Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What just happened?

Every so often I look up various things on Googe Trends to see how relevant certain subject matters are just for the luls. For no reason, tonight I decided to look up "laserpointerforums":

lpf_zps5t0zxupe.png

What.

Why is there a massive spike for Jan 2017? What has recently happened that would create a surge like this?

The only thing I can think of is this video:

Note that while the title of the video is "5 EXPERIMENTS WITH LASERS THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND !!", it doesn't really contain any experiments or mind-blowing material, but it DOES have over 10 million views.

The only problem is that it was created last month, and the spike is for this month.

So... what just happened?

Good question :undecided:

Maybe the current spam we've been having has had a result in the Google search you found? The last couple months we've had spam like crazy from many companies and randoms trying to sell their products, although that wouldn't explain the graph shooting up like that so quickly :/

-Alex

Could be everyone is finished with Christmas/New Years and the election is pretty much a done deal, so now people can get back to hobbies..... Although, that video did get 10,000,000 Yes Ten Million views.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I see spikes like that sometimes on my website visitor stats at
the very beginning of a month but quickly comes back to a normal
level once more info is available after a few days.

Jerry

The news reports are sparking peoples interest. They are like oh yeah lasers, I want one. I found this forum from an eBay wormhole for a wicked laser and ended up with an A type M140 in a 510 module. That choice led me here and a few grand later...