Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the total price of a 1W-2W blue laser? (Homebuilt)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

Say that you wanna build a blue laser (the laser I see the most here on LPF, guess they are cheap and can be easily high powered?) with the power of 1W-2W. What would the complete price be?

An example would be jayrobs complete kits, I guess they around $50? Or I have understood his price list wrong?

In his threads he states that all you need is a laser diode and then you are done. Is this true? What does a blue laser diode cost?

And say that I purchase a blue laser diode and one of his kits, are these easy to put together or does it put a lot of work on me?

Thanks!

Stop asking people to spoon feed you information and do some reading.

Last edited:

ARG

Edit: What Infinitus said ^^^^^^ Do some searching, all the information is available via the search bar.

DTR sells diodes for 42$ shipped. If you get the hot option from jayrob, it will be EXTREMELY simple to put together.

Yobresel and survival laser both sell complete lasers with batteries and charger.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

DTR sells diodes for 42$ shipped. If you get the hot option from jayrob, it will be EXTREMELY simple to put together.

Yobresel and survival laser both sell complete lasers with batteries and charger.

Thank you for your answer.

To the above person, I'm asking because I can't find anybody selling laser diodes (except for Dealextreme, something called hightech something). And only you guys know which are safe to purchase from and which are not.

Thanks, case closed.

D

Deleted member 22482

Just click the link in my sig.:beer:

Thanks.

Do you know if these are illegal in Sweden (the diodes)? Just to import them?

Styropyro said that lasers aren't illegal if they are homebuilt and not comercially sold I believe. Is this true?

DTR

Shipped quite a few to Sweden without issue. As far as the exact law no I do not believe that components are restricted in any way there. Just fully built laser pointers.;)

D

Deleted member 22482

Shipped quite a few to Sweden without issue. As far as the exact law no I do not believe that components are restricted in any way there. Just fully built laser pointers.;)

Okay. So all I need along with a Jayrob hot option is a diode? Nothing else then?

Do I need tools like a "press", soldering irons etc. to assemble it all?

I do have batteries, of course.

D

Deleted member 22482

Okay then, I need a few parts, soldering iron, do you think a eBay 3-4 dollars will work? A lens, which are the best? A jayrob hot kit, I know where to find these. A Aixiz module, where can I find these for a good price? Shrink tubing and solder, I can find these too. And a vice, where can I find a cheap one? And a allen wrench, where can I find a cheap one?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DTR

Garoq the tutorial looks good. The only thing that needs adjustment is the placement of the Teflon on the lens threads. It should be applied no lower than the line I marked on your photo. Otherwise you are asking for trouble. It can fray and get little bits into the module and eventually on the diode window wasting the diode.;)

5262704376856950d896z.jpg

Garoq

Garoq the tutorial looks good. The only thing that needs adjustment is the placement of the Teflon on the lens threads. It should be applied no lower than the line I marked on your photo. Otherwise you are asking for trouble. It can fray and get little bits into the module and eventually on the diode window wasting the diode.;)

5262704376856950d896z.jpg

DTR you are absolutely correct...you do not want any of the tape to fray and get into the space between the lens and the diode. However the area that you show in the photo is about the distance that a standard lens protrudes beyond the module at infinity focus, so tape would be of limited use there. ;)

There is a caution about this in our printed parts bundle instructions, and I will update the tutorial to include it.

Personally, I prefer the use of an external lens spring which eliminates this problem.

6192365067_0c9120c1c8_z.jpg

6192365073_b556950ce5_z.jpg

The only time I use tape is when the space between the lens and module is too narrow for a spring, like with the G-1 and some of the red lenses. Though a customer recently informed me that he used a wave washer with good success with a G-1 lens.

Last edited:
Cost me no more than 130$... but I screwed my diode so, I now need to get a new one. -.-

130 is what you need, just dont mess up, thats all.

Cost me no more than 130$... but I screwed my diode so, I now need to get a new one. -.-

130 is what you need, just dont mess up, thats all.

There are a few variables though. Host, driver and type of lens being used are the biggest.