Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the host with the best heatsinking?

Hey everyone,

I'm building an 6x hopefully within the next month & I wanted to know something that will make a huge difference to my build.

Please write in a very short sentence which you think is the Host with the best heatsinking (including a custom heatsink made by someone on the board).

I want awesome heatsinking, I’ve got arctic silver on hand so each connection I have will have an arctic silver polish to keep certain areas as cool as possible.

Yours sincerely
Tom

jayrob

I have not personally found thermal compound to be necessary, however a little could not hurt anything. As long as you use it sparingly, and not let it work it's way onto the diode...

The best heatsinks are the ones that have a direct press diode fit. IgorT has a new V3 heatsink design for his builds if you want one of the best.

But I have noticed that you have been making a lot of threads looking for really cheap deals. So just keep in mind that if you want the best, you must pay for it.

You can't have a champagne appetite, on a beer budget! :)

Last edited:
Haha Jay that was to get started.

I'm buying your pocket mini build next week for a new build :)

jayrob

That's a sweet little kit... I'm sure you will like it.

It's addicting isn't it? Once you do a couple of successful builds, your hooked! :cool:

Well I'm waiting for my stuff on order, haha so I should have at least 1 final build by the end of week.