Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is are these spots ??

Onryo

I just put together a rather nice laser. A quick test on my LMP shows 2.3W. Did the normal quick check of the laser without the lens (G2)on a wall to see if all is good. That is when I noticed these dark spots. Since I took off the lens I take it there is something on the M140 diode window? I don't want to turn the laser back on until I know the spots are. Reason being if it is some dust/crap I don't want it to get a chance to burn it.

Anybody know what this is? How do I remove fix it?

15d54xz.jpg

Just the M140 diode without the G2 len. What are the dots?

zodcp4.jpg

Anybody know what this is and how to fix it? Laser has only been used for about 20 sec. 2.32W on Ophir LPM.

Looks like dirt/dust on the LD lens...
Try blowing it off with some dry compressed air..
Don't blow on it with your breathe...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

That is pretty normal. As Jerry said, get a can of compressed air & blow out the face of the diode from a few inches away. Those spots will not hinder the performance of the diode or your laser though

:beer:

Last edited:
BTW...at 2.3 Watts I wouldn't run the LD to long or
often until I had cleaned the lens so that I don't burn
the dirt/dust permanently to the LD lens...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Onryo

Thanks guys :thanks:

OK so I tried a some compressed air for camera lenses. Do not help. I then walked over to the lab I use to work at and took a look at the LD window with a confocal microscope. Yup a little “poop” on the LD window. Was kind of neat to look into the LD window and see the tiny wires etc. Wow Blord must have some evil wicket lens for his macros! Used some of the lens cleaner for the fluorescence microscope with the “lens poker” … heck don't know what its called. Looks like a Q-tip. Wow, it did a darn good job! Happy with the LD window I then put the G-2 lens in an ultra sound bath that is used for the lab microscopes lenses. Everything is so clean and spiffy now! The lens coatings are perfectly intact. =)

Yeah Jerry I did not want to use the diode if there was any dark anything on it. Absorbs heat, burns in and maybe cracks the window I guessed.

This laser is just insanely nice =) Ill be sure to post more pictures later. Thanks once again! :yh:

All the best

Last edited: