Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What if Grizzly Adams had some photons?

In about 3 weeks I will be going 'back into the wild'
What I mean by that is living in the mountains, in a tent, in the snow. My only companion a four-legged creature called a dog.
For the next 6 months.
This won't be my first time doing this, but it will be my first time doing this only having contact with civilization once every few weeks, and even then just to resupply.
Last time I only had a 100mW green handheld with me. It was nearly useless, except as a last ditch flashlight, scaring off the birds, and most importantly, for entertainment. :can:
This time I will be taking with me to the mountains
a 200mW 'labby' 532nm I am converting to 12v, a 700+mW 445nm handheld, a 12v 1.2W 'labby' 445nm, a 200+mW 650nm handheld, and a 15v 3000+mW 'labby' 445nm assuming I finish it in time,
:lasergun:
(man, I've always wanted to use that emoticon, just wish it were blue)
I'd like to make the most of them, but my imagination may not be able to grasp all the possibilities here.
Anyone care to help?
I mean with the imagination/possibilities part. Nobody but the dog's coming with me.:D

You will need a solar charger. Time to get cracking at the schematic board again... be right back.

Meatball, you are almost psychic with that thought. One of the most important things I have been pondering is the solar charging system. I'm thinking of something like this:
Solar Panel Kit - Save on this 45 Watt Solar Panel Kit <it's a link, it just doesn't look like one for some reason
along with a deep cycle batt and an inverter. The deep cycle batt should help with non-optimal days.
This year will be the most 'prepared' I've ever been, but that's mostly due to experience gained (along with a bit more $ to invest)
So yeah, Meatball, if you have some ideas concerning the tech side, I'm REALLY interested.

Very cool stuff... but I'm curious... why do you go into the woods for 6 months at a time... it seems a bit:tinfoil:

Not that I hadn't had the occasional desire to go to the middle of nowhere for a while myself:p

And I suppose you've always wanted to use that emoticon...:p
JK
Let's just say that it is occasionally good for the... well... everything. (head, body, soul, etc.)
No, really, I don't think people can really stand me sometimes, hell, I cant stand myself (but I have to live with myself) and so I go...
It's good. I grew up loving the wild, and the wild (unlike us) never changes. You always know what to expect, you always know what you have to do. It is unforgiving, yes, but I'm still alive. And when you get back, well...
Appreciation.
That's the word.
Sh#*, I just reread that, sounds like I have some issues. Instead of changing what I typed out, f*#k it. Yeah. I mean it the way it sounds.
But the appreciation part stands, I don't care who you are. When you get back to civilization after going wild for a bit, you appreciate everything/everyone, and everyone appreciates you (once you've taken a shower, that is). :D