Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What happened to NOVAlasers?

So back in 2006 I purchased a 185 mw green laser from nova lasers which still works to this day. Recently i checked Their website and its down. When did they go out of business? Anyone have any insider news or info into what happened?

Last edited:

Hi Forkinatorr :wave:
Welcome to the forum.
Where are you from as that can determine if certain things can be sent to you or not since 2006.
Companies come and go plus certain countries rules/laws have made importing hand held lasers tougher so companies folded. Others have a wide enough base to cater to many different customers so they are still at it. Other companies are small enough that they are able to cruise under the customs radar and ship worldwide. Also technology has advanced by leaps and bounds so component prices have fallen drastically. Therefore many laser enthusiasts make their own lasers.
BTW, Be sure to click on this link for a chance(s) to win a laser of your choice!! :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f56/win-laser-forum-donations-fundraiser-contest-95194.html

I remember this question came up before. I don't know and never bought from them but it was about 2 1/2 years ago their site went down, they were reorganizing the company and would be back but they never came back. They were in Canada I think and also a reseller of CNI lasers. I suspect the new laser laws and restrictions on importing battery powered lasers over 5mW into the U.S. and Canada probably did them in.

Alan

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here with such an amazing community of people. I live in portland, Oregon and have been here most of my life. I was just curious if anyone knew what had happened to novalasers. They had great quality lasers and recently I was in the market for amother laser and just now purchased one from SciFiLasers owner Eitan. Great guy by the way.

I remember this question came up before. I don't know and never bought from them but it was about 2 1/2 years ago their site went down, they were reorganizing the company and would be back but they never came back. They were in Canada I think and also a reseller of CNI lasers. I suspect the new laser laws and restrictions on importing battery powered lasers over 5mW into the U.S. and Canada probably did them in.

Alan

Hey Alan! thanks for the reply. When did the new laws come into play about the 5mw max lasers?

Hey Alan! thanks for the reply. When did the new laws come into play about the 5mw max lasers?

Not sure exactly, but it was more than the 2 1/2 years ago, but it has been slow to be enforced, but now most companies won't ship to the U.S. or Canada unless it's under 5mW, some still do. You can of course still buy parts and build your own. Sci-Fi is a good choice, don't get worried or upset if it takes up to 45 days to get your laser, it's worth the wait. You should add Oregon to your profile so it shows under your name or no one will remember that's where you're from.

Alan

Not sure exactly, but it was more than the 2 1/2 years ago, but it has been slow to be enforced, but now most companies won't ship to the U.S. or Canada unless it's under 5mW, some still do. You can of course still buy parts and build your own. Sci-Fi is a good choice, don't get worried or upset if it takes up to 45 days to get your laser, it's worth the wait. You should add Oregon to your profile so it shows under your name or no one will remember that's where you're from.

Alan

How do I add it to my profile? I only see Private Messages
Subscribed Threads

Thanks.

And yeah I've seen numerous people saying the same thing about shipping time being quite long. I did do upgraded shipping but it's always a holiday in israel and the current one ends on the 6th of october.

Can't wait to get it though. Next thing I'm gonna do is build my own.

Hi Forkinatorr,
Near the top left, click on where is says = User CP, then on the left click on = Edit your details. There you can add or change things to your profile(location)

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here with such an amazing community of people. I live in portland, Oregon and have been here most of my life. I was just curious if anyone knew what had happened to novalasers. They had great quality lasers and recently I was in the market for amother laser and just now purchased one from SciFiLasers owner Eitan. Great guy by the way.

What did you get? His lasers are awesome. Be patient on the shipping. Isreal post offices $u€k!!

gozert

I wasn't around at the time Novalasers was still active, but aren't they just a CNI reseller like Dragonlaser and Ultralasers? If so, you should be able to get a very similar, if not the same laser from one of these companies.

also watch the double posting.. welcome to lpf

Where did I double post?

What did you get? His lasers are awesome. Be patient on the shipping. Isreal post offices $u€k!!

I purchased a 2.8w 445 arcane 2.0

I hear you about the israel post. I did pay for expedited shipping but who knows if that will make much of a difference. I am so excited t get it I just wish it didn't take so long.

Hi Forkinatorr,
Near the top left, click on where is says = User CP, then on the left click on = Edit your details. There you can add or change things to your profile(location)

I see where it is. On mobile browser it doesn't show that menu to the left. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: