Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What else will I need?

Chuiy

Hello guys; this is my first post here and regretfully, it is a question. I was looking around and could not find the answer to my problem, so I decided to post a thread. Basically, I just purchased a 50mW diode, with the thought of using it in the back of my mind. I have finally decided to start this project and build a laser as a learning experience. To my understanding, you can modify LED flashlights to hold a laser diode (or at least the diode from a DVD burner). If I were to build a laser from scratch, and having a 50mW diode what parts could I buy to build a laser that would work with a 50 mW diode? If you could provide me with some ideas, or give me a good list of resources/tutorials I would be grateful! Thanks so much!

Chuiy

The unwilling member, to "cool" to lend a hand to a beginner. Is any one with an ounce of maturity willing to help?

EDIT: My mistake, that was a very useful link you shared. I was under the impression that you were mocking me.

Last edited: