Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What does it mean?!?  (your name that is)

rkcstr

So, why did you choose your username or what meaning does it have?

Although some of our names may be fairly obivous (I'm looking at you VillageIdiot ;)), others may not.

Does it have to do with your favority hobby (lasers, of couse ;D) or your favorite band or something?

Is it some play on your actual name?

Or just some random jumble of letters, numbers or words?

I'll start:

rkcstr - derived from the first letters of the full name of this American citizen (initials RKC) followed by a ingenious play on words and internet abbreviation (str, for star), giving the illusion that this person is a "Rockstar," when in reality they merely enjoy playing psuedo-instruments on their Xbox360 gaming console (Guitar Hero, Rockband, etc).

daguin

rkcstr said:
I'll start:

rkcstr - derived from the first letter of the full name of an American citizen (initials RKC) followed by a ingenious play on words and internet abbreviation (str, for star), giving the illusion that this person is a "Rockstar," when in reality they merely enjoy playing psuedo-instruments on their Xbox360 gaming console (Guitar Hero, Rockband, etc).

I didn't choose it. My parents did. ;)

(like T.J. Lawrence or JK Rowling Although JK doesn't really have a middle name, her publishers wanted one)

Peace,
dave

Re: What does it mean?!?  (your name that is)

My nickname is a corruption of my real name (Peter) given to me by some Bosnian colleagues when I was about 20 years old. I'm using it on the internet ever since.

NS0201

NS=Nick spanich

0201=I was born on Febuary 1st

this thread has already been made
but wth.... nikokapo = niko + kapo = Nico + Capo ==> Nico = My Name
Capo = The boss of the mafia/Cool

rkcstr

nikokapo said:
this thread has already been made
but wth.... nikokapo = niko + kapo = Nico + Capo ==> Nico = My Name
Capo = The boss of the mafia/Cool
Seriously?? I couldn't find one... :-[

Oh well, as with anything in life, even if you think it's original, someone else has probably done it.

My name phoenix77=The first laser I ever owned (W.L. PHOENIX) rated 75mW/actual output 93mW. & so far it's still lazing great. The 77, I picked 'cause all other numbers that were important in my life were all ready taken (if you can believe that!)So,phoenix77 ;) :cool:

Hi, Catmandoo here.
I work for Caterpillar and while I am officially an engine technician I seem to be one that gets called on for the odd jobs, so, Cat Man Doo all the things nobody else can or will or is smart enough to get out of. The Bob Seeger song is pretty cool too ! CMD

Before I got back into lasers, I was a competative shooter in Cowboy Action Shooting Sport.  That avatar shows me with a 45 colt peacemaker in hand.    ---  Don't piss me off  ;D

Hemlock Mike is my cowboy name.

Mike

um i went with the obvious with my forum name :p

mine is fairly simple:

charleytown=my home town, ie Charleston, IL. some like to call it charleytown.

55=a random number

IL= the state i live in