Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you use your laser for?

Like the title says, what do you use your's for?

Do you just point it at shiny things and try to impress your mates or do you use your laser for more useful stuff?

diachi

Just now , I use my lasers for pointing, burning and making cool patterns and cool optics setups, just for fun, soon though I will be making a scaner :)

pointing, I'm working on burning, spyrograph, messing with my teachers at school, and selling them to my friends at school

Asked before and answered before. I use mine to guide fireworks barges back to shore after a show.
I'm also building a RGB scanner.

Mike

impress/scaring people, burning things, killing bugs, burning designs in papers, projecting on low clouds....all sorts of fun stuff :D

I shine it at random things and if it looks cool enough, I make it into a comp. wallpaper. ;D I'm almost done my PHR, and I'll use it for lighting fuses at a distance, I guess... Can't wait to try killing stinkbugs!

BTM4444 said:
i shine on cars and random ppl
parked cars with no one in them right? and you shouldn't point them at random people...if someone pointed one at me I would either light them up with one of mine or beat them unconscious...

daguin

BTM4444 said:
i shine on cars and random ppl

I've been watching you on more than one forum. I believe what we have here is what we used to call a "troll." You use this message simply to stimulate an energetic response from the members here. You have used this line in another forum. You KNOW what the response will be.

To the other members of the forum, I suggest you just ignore these postings from BTM4444

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=BTM4444 link=1226186754/0#6 date=1226203625]i shine on cars and random ppl

I've been watching you on more than one forum. I believe what we have here is what we used to call a "troll." You use this message simply to stimulate an energetic response from the members here. You have used this line in another forum. You KNOW what the response will be.

To the other members of the forum, I suggest you just ignore these postings from BTM4444

Peace,
dave[/quote]
maybe a permanent IP ban is in order?

Mostly I photograph various effects I create with my lasers. The IR and high-powered visible ones I use for burning stuff. Some of the more unusual ones I show off to people, like my yellow pointer. As far as actual "uses", right now I'm using my HeNe to align one of my YAGs, and in the past I have mounted a couple of low-powered reds to my pellet gun to aid in targeting. I once fried a bug with my green module (and tried to with my pulsed YAG, but it didn't have enough continuous power, all it did was annoy the bug and waste my time!), but I still prefer bug spray for getting rid of 6 and 8 legged pests. :)

daguin said:
[quote author=BTM4444 link=1226186754/0#6 date=1226203625]i shine on cars and random ppl

Peace,
dave[/quote]

no im answering the topic not for reactions

maxkillz said:
[quote author=daguin link=1226186754/0#8 date=1226204011][quote author=BTM4444 link=1226186754/0#6 date=1226203625]i shine on cars and random ppl

Peace,
dave[/quote]
maybe a permanent IP ban is in order?[/quote]
nah don't permanently ban him unless he gets too bad, he doesn't do it all the time, only when he thinks it will piss people off the most

Switch

I just use mine as toys.Shining at stuff , scaring crows off distant buildings. :D