Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what do you think of AixiZ? mfgcn.com

Do any of you have good or bad experiences to share about this vendor? I've got an issue with them and I'll share it here if it's not resolved in the next couple of days.

Thx guys.

S

SenKat

On average, until you throw a fit, expect no service...that has been my experience....I USED to call it patience, but they WAY over abused my patience.

Greg

They're supposed to be decent for the lower end stuff like those 12x30mm modules, but I've heard a few horror stories about their higher end modules.

pseudonomen137 said:
They're supposed to be decent for the lower end stuff like those 12x30mm modules, but I've heard a few horror stories about their higher end modules.

I would agree with pseudo on this one.
I have never personally bought from them, but I've heard several bad stories from my customers who had bought their high powered (1 Watt and greater) lab lasers.

Jack

SenKat said:
On average, until you throw a fit, expect no service...that has been my experience....I USED to call it patience, but they WAY over abused my patience.

Greg

I can't even reach them on their number :(

Darn I can't reach them on either their cell, e-mail or office number. What should I do guys? I don't even know the status of my order. I just want to check on the status and which address they are shipping it to.

Anyone knows them personally?

UPDATE!!! I just got off the phone with Chuck (after about 20 call retries). He sounds like a nice friendly guy. I was told that he will personally ship my order off today and take into consideration any special instructions which I've specified in the order.

cool  :)

I've ordered from them, none of their high powered stuff but some 5mW 650nm and 635nm modules, and an 80mW 780nm module. Shipping is usually around 2 weeks, last order it took a month but that was the Postal service's fault, AixiZ shipped it out in time and it took the postal service weeks to get it to me. So I've never had a problem with them, always been good IMO.

styropyro said:
I've ordered from them, none of their high powered stuff but some 5mW 650nm and 635nm modules, and an 80mW 780nm module. Shipping is usually around 2 weeks, last order it took a month but that was the Postal service's fault, AixiZ shipped it out in time and it took the postal service weeks to get it to me. So I've never had a problem with them, always been good IMO.
TWO WEEKS??? WHAT ARE THEY SHIPPING IT FROM? CHINA?!? wow that sucks for me. i bought two of the lower end modules for the dvd burner diy laser (two in case i mess one up). are u saying its gonna take 2 weeks to get here to NY?

Ok I am confused. I thought I was told they are a great company.

So are they a no go now?

Gazoo

My modules only took a few days to arrive, I ordered the really small ones. I think that Kiplay video slowed Aixiz down. I would say they are good for any of the modules (for the burner diodes). But the wait might be longer than normal. The lenses in these things are some of the best I have seen for pin point burning, even though they are made out of plastic. I have not had any experience with their higher end stuff so I can not comment on that.

thehacker3 said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1190189894/0#7 date=1190236577]I've ordered from them, none of their high powered stuff but some 5mW 650nm and 635nm modules, and an 80mW 780nm module. Shipping is usually around 2 weeks, last order it took a month but that was the Postal service's fault, AixiZ shipped it out in time and it took the postal service weeks to get it to me. So I've never had a problem with them, always been good IMO.
TWO WEEKS??? WHAT ARE THEY SHIPPING IT FROM? CHINA?!? wow that sucks for me. i bought two of the lower end modules for the dvd burner diy laser (two in case i mess one up). are u saying its gonna take 2 weeks to get here to NY?[/quote]
My first order came in less than a week. I had another one that came in a week but then I had one that took a little over 2 weeks. My last one took a month but that was because of the postal service, AixiZ got out their stuff in time. I think it's been taking a while for all of their stuff to ship is because of the massive demand for their modules. So you really can't tell how long it's gonna take to get to you!

Chuck told me over the phone that their factory is in China but their warehouse is in Texas and they've got stocks for everything. He told me 'ok I'll head downstairs now and personally ship your order out today' so I believe they've got stocks on hand.

laserz said:
aixiz finally replied. less than half a day after i threatened. shows that they only work when u throw up a fuss. told me the items were shipped on 24th sept, we'll see. hope they come in soon.

I have mostly good things to say about mfgcn.com or AixiZ if you wish. When I realized that I wouldn't be at home around the time I thought the modules would be delivered I emailed them to ask, and Chuck responded within about 24 hours and gave me as close as he could when the package would be shipped so I could have someone here to recieve it. And while my order took about 2 1/2 weeks to arrive, I don't think that's too bad. The prices are low, the modules I ordered seemed to be of good quality, the customer service was average to slightly above average, and I'd happily do business with them again.

S

SenKat

If you buy from them on ebay, you pay for priority mail service, then they ship first class. RIP OFF, anyone ? That agravates me greatly. Take it from someone who does LOTS of shipping - they are a 3 hour drive from me, yet it takes WEEKS for stuff to arrive. When I ordered teh glass lenses from them, it took almost two months, and then only after I threatened legal action was my order then shipped. It seems that they know they are just about the only game in town, and it goes to their heads. Sorry to say this, but honestly, if there WAS a different place to get the same mosules, even if it were more expensive, I would give them a try in a heartbeat. Slow shipping, WRONG method of shipping, and ignoring customer emails and calls - that is a F grade in my book of customer service. If they hope to keep my business, and others as well - they need to do some house keeping, and clean up their act.

Skram0

I've ordered from them twice so far. This last order was placed on 9/15/07 Saturday afternoon on their buy it now eBay auction. If you go by the printing on the home-made shipping label, it has a ship date of 9/19/07 Wednesday. It arrived in CA on 9/24/07 Monday, the 3rd business day, which their shipping states 2-3 days priority mail (even though it shipped first class :( ).

I bought the "650nm 5mW laser module 5VDC adj. lens 650 nm 6mm mini" (6mm x 10mm) modules. They are NOT as advertised. They do NOT adjust focus as they state. They are fixed and glued, even though there is a spring inside the housing, the lens inside is fixed and the housing does not move or twist at all. False advertising if you ask me!!

So it's like Intel in the old days. You have to put up with their crap since they've the only reasonable game in town.