Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you think are the funest Optics?

I'm new to messing around with a laser beams. Working with a 532nm Anyone have any good suggestions on what kinda optics I should get 1st starting off that are fun? Other than the standard mirror. And are there any optic kits you would recommended that any laser owner should have?

udanis

I'm new to messing around with a laser beams. Working with a 532nm Anyone have any good suggestions on what kinda optics I should get 1st starting off that are fun? Other than the standard mirror. And are there any optic kits you would recommended that any laser owner should have?

Diffraction gratings are cool!

Benm

There are so many optics that are fun to play with... i'd also suggest a polarizer filter so you can see what your laser is actually producing.

As far as fun optics go i'd suggest odd shaped prisms, amazing how a beam finds its way out of those sometimes - but make sure to get some eye protection, since 'straight into your face' seems to be a more common than desired result ;)

Crystal Glasses can give neat effects, but watch those reflections the beam goes everywhere.

There are so many optics that are fun to play with... i'd also suggest a polarizer filter so you can see what your laser is actually producing.

As far as fun optics go i'd suggest odd shaped prisms, amazing how a beam finds its way out of those sometimes - but make sure to get some eye protection, since 'straight into your face' seems to be a more common than desired result ;)

Can you explain this please what is does /is?

anselm

Can you please google it yourself?

Also, I love lasing at clear plastic water bottles (the 1.5L and 5L ones).
They light up and spread light everywhere. Especially when full of water.

Can you please google it yourself?

Also, I love lasing at clear plastic water bottles (the 1.5L and 5L ones).
They light up and spread light everywhere. Especially when full of water.

I just thought it would be smarter to ask people about the exact use of something, from people who deal with that very subject "lasers". Rather than randomly searching on-line (and I did read up on it Thank you for you obvious comment). I think I could get more exact information from the members of this wonderful site (rather than a lot of wasted reading) .

anselm

Well polarization of light is really a very general concept, related to all light
not just lasers in particular. Wikipedia should have a great article about it, no
need to type something up especially for you, no offense.

It's just that spoonfeeding is discouraged, and people doing their own research
is encouraged, especially when it's not particularly laser-related.

Did you ever go to any recent 3D-movie lika avatar and kept the glasses?
Those are polarization filters.;)

Well polarization of light is really a very general concept, related to all light
not just lasers in particular. Wikipedia should have a great article about it, no
need to type something up especially for you, no offense.

It's just that spoonfeeding is discouraged, and people doing their own research
is encouraged, especially when it's not particularly laser-related.

Did you ever go to any recent 3D-movie lika avatar and kept the glasses?
Those are polarization filters.;)

No problem and Thank you very much. :beer: