Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you think about THIS Manafont 200mW Green Laser?

FX32

Hi!
I'm interested in buying a portable laser, and this one looks pretty nice to me:
Manafont.com | $35 200mW Flashlight-Style Focusable Green Laser Light w/ Gift Box (16340)

May be it is not truly 200mW, but I think it can be close to this value.
I also like it because it can be easily modded changing the driver and the body to get more power, having this nice focusable housing.

What do you think about this? does it worth the money?

jzjo89.jpg

And, another dumb question, but I just want to be sure.
If I get a direct eye exposure of this "200mW" laser from 10 meters, will it blind me for sure or just damage the eye without completely blinding? I know that 5mW is the "safe" power because you can close the eye before getting damage, but what will happen with this laser?

Thank you all for reading :thanks:

May be it is not truly 200mW, but I think it can be close to this value.
I also like it because it can be easily modded changing the driver and the body to get more power, having this nice focusable housing.
And on what foundations does this assumption of yours rest?

I you have a lot of stuff mixed up, or just plain wrong.

First, 200mW laser costs $100-150.

$35 laser never goes above 100mW.

Laser's output power is not due to weak driver. It's like saying your car has low horsepower because of the battery. It's the engine itself that matters, on in lasers - the diode and crystal assembly. Changing those is like changing processor and GPU in your computer, creating a domino effect where EVERYTHING has to be replaced.

What exactly do you mean by "body"?

What does focusable host has to do with anything?

You want nice cheap lasers?
Try:
www.rayfoss.com
Welcome to O-like,the source of good quality laser products at unbeatable price and perfect service !

FX32

Thanks both for your answer!

And on what foundations does this assumption of yours rest?

I you have a lot of stuff mixed up, or just plain wrong.

First, 200mW laser costs $100-150.

$35 laser never goes above 100mW.
OK, you are right, without measuring it, it's not possible to really know it's output. By saying "<200mW" could perfectly mean less than 1mW without lying.

What exactly do you mean by "body"?

What does focusable host has to do with anything?
When writing and editing the text, I was referring to the host, but then in that part when I said "body" I was thinking in the laser module. Sorry for my mistake.

May be I should have to make my own laser pointer with some hosts that I'm not using from my LED flashlights projects.
I already have some constant current drivers (that can be modded to obtain desired current). Where do you recommend to buy spare laser modules?

mpwn

no offence but i think these are one of those chinese unreliable lasers, its probably just as good as the cheap ones u find one ebay. try dealers like what Eudaimonium said O-like and Rayfoss.

Paddy

o-like and Rayfoss would be better than that company i'm betting.
Not sure about o-like but Rayfoss' customer service seems to have gone down hill, my friend has been waiting for about 2 months for a small replacement lens for his laser (was faulty when he got it) and she says she's shipped it 4 times and 4/4 times it's been "lost in the post" which i find to be amazing.