Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you think about this laser?

I doubt it's actually 100mw. If it is, it probably has a lot of IR. However, I don't have any actual experience with that seller so for all I know it's on spec. Maybe someone else could tell you more.

Stick to buying from known laser companies...

Laserglow, optotronics, jetlasers, skylasers, lasever, lazerer, o-like, rayfoss.

I have read this guide, but my budget is quite low for now, the one I found fits in my budget. Around 35$. The reputed companies suggested by InfinitusEquitas costs higher then 50$ for 100mW laser. If anyone have experience with www.lasertd.com, please advice me about the quality of their products.

Thanks,

Vinay

You'd be better off spending your $35 at a well known and reputable company even if the laser you get isn't rated for 100mW. Just because they say it's a certain power doesn't mean it is. They could tell you it's 500mW if they wanted to.

I learned this the hard way and ordered my first few lasers from random Chinese websites. All 3 of them had shoddy build quality and were either DOA or very underspec.

Did you ever happen to look at lazerer.com? They have a 100mW green pointer for $35.
http://lazerer.com/Green_Laser_Pointer?product_id=179
No idea how much shipping to India would cost though so that might put it over your budget.

Last edited: