Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do i need to break in pieces?

ArM

Hello, I think I would build one cool ;) burning laser, but I am not sure what kind devices I need to destroy to get a laser diode and other stuff that this new good laser needs. I have got a burning cd-rom driver "compact disc rewritable 16x10x40x" (Is it usable for this?) I don't wanna break it, if its not good.

But I need too maybe some normal laser to get some electronics from there? But what kind and from where? My friend gave me some russian made red laser, but I dont wanna destroy it, so I need another one.

I need laser, because my hobby is photography and lasers are so good lights for some cool effects. Like this I did with that russian laser:
htt p:// img150.imageshack. us/img150/6059/laserpelleilyar7.jpg

And I think it would be good for cutting ice. Or isnt it? Maybe not, but still I can find thousands of good things where I can use it.

mybeat

i think it will only work with dvd-rom who can burn atleast at 8x.

ArM, could you please edit your post to be a bit easier to read? thanks.
As for your question, a little searching goes a long way. ;)
Have a look here.

And welcome to the best of the best forums.

C

Chris.

mybeat said:
i think it will only work with dvd-rom who can burn atleast at 8x.

ROM = Read Only Memory
Inherently not able to burn.

You need a DVD-RW anywhere between 8x and 16x for good results.
You will also need an AXIS module, and a driver board which can be constructed using the links here.

~£30 to build in the UK, probably $30 in the states.

PS: Leave the CD-RW alone, it will contain a relatively useless and invisible diode.

ArM

I am sorry about my english that's not so easy to read, but its not my main language, so i don't speak or understand it so well. Thanks your answers.

ArM said:
I am sorry about my english that's not so easy to read, but its not my main language, so i don't speak or understand it so well. Thanks your answers.

Your english isn't bad at all, but your first post looks like it was copied and pasted twice. ;)

ArM

Oh, that's true I copied and pasted it twice :D Always when I write something on some forum, I copy my messages, because I dont wanna lose them if the internet connection or something stops working when i'm trying to send my lot of work taken message.

Now I pasted that twice, because I wanted to add that picturelink. (Sorry, its illegal in this forum, but i wanted still, because its part of my message and isn't that picture so bat?) So I edited that link and now its possible to send here and watch, if that who wanna watch it, copys and edits it back.