Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What did you get for xmas?

So, what gifts did everyone get for christmas, hanukkah, holiday (fix'd) for pastafarians, or whatever else you celebrate? I got a kindle, iPhone application development for dummies, some cash and a few other items. How about you?

will

Last edited:

Weller-WESD51-Digital-Soldering-Station and some cash and clothes thats about it

Weller-WESD51-Digital-Soldering-Station and some cash and clothes thats about it

Nice station you got there! that's the one I would get if the shipping cost was not so expensive..

As for my presents, I got a book, a turtle which says" dirty words like f*ck you a$$hole etc. a usb volcano toy, some money. The 200 mw green laser from rayfoss did not make it in time but it arrived the Christmas eve at the post office.. I will go get it on monday when the post office opens again. I am alos waiting for a win 95 game called : Small soldiers, Globotech Design Lab( i talked about this on another thread) which was shipped about 1 week ago from the UK. Lastly, the focalprice antigreen goggles for 8 bucks did not make it in time either.
I was a bit sad when I opened my presents and the laser was not there but as soon as I tracked my order online and saw it is at the post office, I smiled :)

That's all folks and btw, you should expect a review of the rayfoss laser in a few days ;)

I have gotten $70 and 50 more to come on the 1st. Made out better than I thought considering my fail situation :p

Jaseth

My girlfriend got me some of my favourite filled chocolates and a photo album with pictures of us together from the last couple of months. She is so sweet :) I am a lucky guy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Seb

Nice. My friend got me the low end weller soldering station for my birthday, but I love it! I had to match him by getting him a leatherman juice. Also, I just discovered that what I took to be a box of peppermint ribbon candy was in fact a decent IR thermometer from my grandfather, recommended to him by the guy who installed his solar panels. Don't ask me why it was put in there, I don't know. However, it should allow me to take better laser power measurements than the fishing thermometer I'm using. Plus it has a laser sight, which is an added bonus in my book. I swear, those 2 grandparents must have gotten a fourth of my gifts. Also I got from my cousin these cool little neodymium balls that you can use to make tubes and spirals and stuff.

will

XFX ATI 4890 graphics card :)

(From my Mum, but I ordered it and have been using for the last couple of days, after killing my old one)

Merry Christmas all!

XFX ATI 4890 graphics card :)

(From my Mum, but I ordered it and have been using for the last couple of days, after killing my old one)

Merry Christmas all!

very nice

I might put this christmas $$$ towards my build a PC fund. A while ago my friend and I saved up enough to get the top of the line graphics cards in SLI, liquid cool everything, a Q6600 processor, and LOTS of case lighting. We were going to use it for a gaming rig, we lived close enough we could easily share it. Unfortunately, we messed up the orders and decided that it would be too stressful so we gave up. I guess it's for the best, he moved a while after and it's not the best to divide up a computer between two people :)

will

So, what gifts did everyone get for christmas, hanukkah, talk like a pirate day for pastafarians...

Talk like a pirate day is Sept 29th, if I recall correctly.. It's a nonpartisan, nondenominational holiday, unaffiliated with pastafarianism or any other religion. The pastafarian seasonal winter holiday is called Holiday.

Anyways, I got a $500 bonus from work last month (not a christmas bonus, but just a bonus for generating nearly half a million dollars in revenue for the store this year, and you know, being awesome.)... So I bought myself a new laptop... It's an ASUS x83vp-a1, c2d p8700 2.53ghz, 4gb ram, radeon 4670, 500gb hard drive, all the fixin's. I get 35FPS in crysis at 1280x800 with all settings on high. :)

The nicest gift I received for CHRISTMAS was a matching MEN'S necklace & bracelet set. Now you might say, OOOO, BIG DEAL. Well, the cool part about the set is the fact that all the links in both pieces are made to perfectly mimic the links on a U.S. NAVY'S WARSHIPS anchor chain. Each link is a good 1/2" long & made of SOLID STAINLESS STEEL, & is a perfect replica of an anchor chain. Might not seem like too much to all of you, but I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!

Jaseth

Rob: That sounds like a really nice gift! Stuff like that really means a lot to get, and I'm sure you will be very happy with it for the rest of your life :)

Gryphon: Nice.. that's a lot of money! and you can always use underwear..

I'm surprised, you guys get so much for Christmas!

Seb

Moptsp

I got a Sony VAIO FW notebook. :D Though I paid for some of it. (posting this message with it)

-Moptsp

ZRTMWA

You serious? That sucks.

I got this lighter from DX:

DealExtreme: $4.29 Jet 2000-C Butane Torch Tri-Flame with LED

after somebody posted about it in the Favorite Lighters thread. I ran out of butane in like 5 minutes. Got to go get some more tomorrow.

I also got a USB device that will hook up our old computer to our wireless internet which means I get internet on a computer in my room!!!! That's probably the best gift I got. Except the computer doesn't have a mouse.