Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What CR2 batteries are ok?

SteveX

Hey everyone!

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to lasers. I used to have a few cheap ones from abroad but that's it (they would break after a month).

Recently I ordered a "200mw red laser", the laser takes CR2 batteries, so I was wondering, would "Energizer 3V Lithium Photo Batteries" be ok? They wouldn't burn out my laser, would they? :)

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

TTerbo

i just modded my host to take three of them :) so yeah lol i reckon they are great they last a long time,
cheers

There is a difference between CR2 and CR123, make sure you don't pick the wrong ones!
CR123 are a bit larger, around 16 mm in diameter and 34 mm in leght. CR2 you know how they look like already.

3zuli

your batteries are fine, but I guess they're non-rechargeable, so you need to buy new batteries when the old die. it's better to buy rechargeable batteries with a charger

SteveX

There is a difference between CR2 and CR123, make sure you don't pick the wrong ones!
CR123 are a bit larger, around 16 mm in diameter and 34 mm in leght. CR2 you know how they look like already.

Oh right, thanks for the reply and info! These are the batteries I ordered 2 X Energizer CR2 3V Lithium Photo Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

your batteries are fine, but I guess they're non-rechargeable, so you need to buy new batteries when the old die. it's better to buy rechargeable batteries with a charger

Awesome.
I also ordered some rechargeable batteries, the only thing is, I can't find a charger for them. I did find one on eBay but it was £12.