Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well Met

Arcahn

Hello all! New laser enthusiast here looking to get into the hobby. Glad to be a part of the community and hope to someday be able to add to it in some way. Nice to meet you!

Welcome to LPF!

I see you already have your location listed, good job! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :D

Arcahn

Welcome to LPF!

I see you already have your location listed, good job! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :D
Certainly! I'm currently working as an IT consultant for a major chemical company, but am in college studying mechanical design. I hope to one day work in the firearms industry. For my personal pursuits, I'm a gamer, hunter, shooter, and airsofter. I do a lot of reading, mostly fantasy/scifi, but do venture out of those genres from time to time. I'm always bouncing from one project to the next and am hoping to use lasers as an excuse to finally break into the electronics field as a hobbyist. I've always wanted to but haven't had the chance until now. If there's anything else you'd like to know just ask!

Gabe

Welcome! I too hope you have fun and learn some new things about this neat little hobby of ours.

APEX1

welcome aboard.. Keep an eye on the cash flow this place will bankrupt ya lmao CHRISTMAS EVERY DAYYYYYYYY

APEX1

Exactly..... I love getting my laser stuff in the mail. It's like a kid on Xmas morning

Hi Arcahn :wave:

Welcome to the forum, love your attitude :D Please poke around and see all the great stuff in the world of lasers. Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here. Are you going to go with completed units ready to use or are you going to jump in with both feet and build your own? Remember to get proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of your laser if it is over 5mW. Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Arcahn

Hi Arcahn :wave:

Welcome to the forum, love your attitude :D Please poke around and see all the great stuff in the world of lasers. Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here. Are you going to go with completed units ready to use or are you going to jump in with both feet and build your own? Remember to get proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of your laser if it is over 5mW. Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Thank you! I'm still getting acquainted with the craft but I think I'm gona try to jump in and get building here soon. Thank you for the tips! Safety is a big concern so I'll be looking at the necessary precautions before even soldering the first connection. Looks like an awesome group of people here and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Thank you! I'm still getting acquainted with the craft but I think I'm gona try to jump in and get building here soon. Thank you for the tips! Safety is a big concern so I'll be looking at the necessary precautions before even soldering the first connection. Looks like an awesome group of people here and I look forward to meeting all of you.

We need more people like you. ;)

Arcahn

We need more people like you. ;)

Thanks haha! I'm super paranoid about blinding myself. Being a firearms enthusiast I vowed to treat these lasers with the same respect as one would a gun, but honestly I think the danger is higher with the laser. Firearms safety is a honed skill and the most important one in the sport. However, shooting can be very safe and fun once you learn to treat it properly. Lasers seem to have a sheer randomness factor to them where reflections are concerned that just scares the hell out of me. Tread lightly and wear big goggles seems to be the way to go haha!