Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well I'm surprised

This term in my school we're doing light and whatever, and I was pleasantly delighted to hear we would be dealing with lasers next week.

Upon hearing this news, I asked my teacher what types of lasers the school actually had. Turns out they have several high powered portable greenies, and are getting more for astronomy year next year. It also turns out they have a "blue" laser, which I replied, "blue as in an argon?" The teacher kind of looked surprised I knew this and said yes. I promptly asked if we would get to use it, but was told no, as it was in some sort of kit. Also, they have some He-Ne's.
I told her about my 2 lasers, and subtly asked if the school would import me a new one.

Not so much luck there...

My school wouldn't ever have something like a laser in it. There are about 500 kids in my school and the board is too cheap to ever spend money.

well, i haven't really even asked at my school but our total population is around 5000 :)