Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Websites that ship to AUS

i dont mean to be a pain but im new and dont know much about lasers i just wanted to know which company would be the best to ship to Australia Melbourne and still sell good lasers, this will be my first laser and i want to buy anything from 5mw - 95mw green. also safety glasses. i want preferable want to get a more powerful one to see the beam in daylight and i really want to be able to pop ballons!
i was thinking about buying from dragon lasers but now im not so sure as reading they are not the best company ?

any advice welcome
joe black

The answer is none.

Laser pointers above 1mW are an illegal import into Australia. They'll send it, but it'll get confiscated by customs :)

Justin

We've shipped a couple of orders into Australia since the ban, and as far as I know they got to their destination intact. This is not to say that I can guarantee delivery, as I don't know if the buyers have the necessary permit (maybe they do, maybe they don't), but we have not had any problems to this date. It may be that AUS Customs is focusing on the majority of lasers coming from Asia and a package from Canada doesn't get as heavily scrutinized since we're another one of "the colonies", as my British friends would say.

@ sawt - would you disassemble the lasers, and ship them in separate packages - eg module, case etc, to stop them getting stopped?
Not from aus, but just curious

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
[quote author=robjdixon link=1222914351/0#6 date=1223309119]@ sawt - would you disassemble the lasers, and ship them in separate packages - eg module, case etc, to stop them getting stopped?
Not from aus, but just curious

Depending on how that would all take, it might cost extra, but I will accept any request for disassembly, removing stickers, shipping separately.  :)[/quote]

The man is a saint :D