Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Waterproof Scuba Laser?

I'm looking for a preferably green laser that can go diving with me so I can point out objects underwater. Around 100 mW would be ideal I think and able to go to around 200ft. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a preferably green laser that can go diving with me so I can point out objects underwater. Around 100 mW would be ideal I think and able to go to around 200ft. Any suggestions?

You don't mean 200ft deep do you? That may be asking too much. Here is the only off the shelf model I am aware of, I don't have one myself so I can't personally recommend one, but many here buy from that company.

Diving laser 50 meters

Alan

Reactions: GSS
nothing is completely waterproof.... check out Sanwu contact Podo as their laser are advertise to be water resistant..

Water resistant isn't good enough for diving, that only means good enough to use outside in the rain or maybe if you accidentally drop it in a puddle of water or something like that.

Alan

yep--big diff tween resist anf proof

I found a promo code for focolprice-and they had a sale with free ship if you bought enough- and if you buy multiples from PF they get cheaper-so I got 5 pcs 100/532 for IIRC >$15 each-
two schools of thought
buy several cheap & if it faIls no biggie and you have a back-up
Or buy one high end and don't dive TOO deep ( no way 200')
Vaslilne on the rubber O-rings is a must .
rinse off and dry well - after salt water.
AixiZ Laser Houston used to sell a quality 100mW 532-I have one
tested in water -no problems but it was just in a pool....so

uses IIRC one pc. CR123 batt.

if you could make a housing AND use a waterproof laser you would have better chances of no fails..ever.

There is a spray you can buy for R/C hobby electronic speed controllers. I saw it on FliteTest youtube channel. I think if you sprayed the driver with this stuff you should be pretty good to go. I'll see if I can find the video.

Spray and o-rings can waterproof a laser, but not good enough for diving purposes. Submerging something under water is not the same as taking it deep under water. One atmosphere (14.7 psi) is the normal air pressure at sea level, as you go under water the pressure increases by one atmosphere every 10.3 m (33.8 ft). So a diver that is 10.3 m or 33.8 ft underwater experiences a pressure of 2 atmospheres. It's better to just buy something specially made for diving.

Alan

spray???
do you mean un-assemble the laser?? that's easy in a 'build' but IMO not easy with a modern laser (portable).... that may cause more problems .