Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

water ripple effect

Davo

without the axiz lene on, i didnt think that this is what its suppose to look like

IMG_6039.jpg

did i loose my first blu ray

tomcat

thats dirt on the can if its still full power your ok

use a lenscleaner tip on the can window

Davo

phew, sounds good, looked over the diodes lens and didnt see any scratches from what i could see

took the cap off one time to put some teflon tape on the axiz cap to better hold it in

Switch

That looks horrible!! :eek: Does it even collimate still? :-/

Gawd, what did you do? Use the diode as a cookie plate? :eek:

Try to use compressed air with a small pump to clean it.

That also looks kindof like it might be what the far field looks like when the window is broken on the PHR diodes. When it's on like that, if you turn the laser over in your hand or rotate it, does the pattern change? ie, does the stuff move around in a way that doesn't match the rotation of the laser.

It just looks kindof like what one of mine looked like after the window was broken out by a slip of the pliers.

Davo

took a q-tip to it and its all better now, dont know how it got dirty :mad:

Switch

laserlover said:
my dx 200mw red looks worse than that!
Clean it :p I know my first 16x diode looked like that , and at the time I had no idea what it's supposed to look like and had no idea how to collimate it. I thought my lens was wrong.Being desperate, I started scraping the window with a sharpened match, and surprisingly it did a good job without scratching the little window :D

Zom-B

This kind of dirt can be dangerous. (it doesn't look at all like a broken window, pullbang)
Just imagine, all photons (about 1.5x the power after the collimating lens) is beamed through the 1.2mm window. Just imagine what would happen if you focus the beam at a ~1mm spot, it would burn right? if the dirt on the lens isn't grease, but (worst case scenario) black platic grains, it would melt and stick to the window forever.