Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warnlaser 80mW Tiger Series Review

Here's my review of the Warnlaser Tiger Series 80mW GX:

I got this as a review unit. It came in a nice little plastic box with two spare slots for batteries.

Power and Beam Diameter
The first thing i did was meter it, and sure enough, it was overspec: 98-100mW.
I did some burning tests, and it pops 2 balloons from about 2 feet away instantly.
It lit a match instantly from 1 foot away. The beam is 1.2mRad as advertised :)

Cosmetics
It looks kind of like a CNI pen, but with a round button.
The aperature cap does not screw off.
It takes 2 AAA batteries. It came with a crooked label.

Build
It is fairly well built, and very similar to a CNI.
It does not use a c-mount pump diode.

Overall
This is a good laser!
I would give it a 4/5 overall.
If you have the extra $150, go for it!
Unless you have the extra money for an X100...

2lcld09.jpg

Ace82

Well maybe the button will be better then the nova, I've heard that the x series flaws their button design for some, as they've came off, or broke off or something. My x-75 button is now flush with the housing but still works great only you have to press enough for a little bit of your finger to literally go inside of the laser housing. no biggy though! And it sounds like most if not all of this laser's flaws are cosmetic, and that if functions for it's purpose as it should, right? What about the paint, will it flake off like the x series? The con of not being able to unscrew the aperture doesn't seem that bad, I guess it forces you to get a cap for it. What about the beam, does it come out of the aperture straight or does it come out at an angle?

Ace82 said:
Well maybe the button will be better then the nova, I've heard that the x series flaws their button design for some, as they've came off, or broke off or something.  My x-75 button is now flush with the housing but still works great only you have to press enough for a little bit of your finger to literally go inside of the laser housing.  no biggy though!  And it sounds like most if not all of this laser's flaws are cosmetic, and that if functions for it's purpose as it should, right?  What about the paint, will it flake off like the x series? The con of not being able to unscrew the aperture doesn't seem that bad, I guess it forces you to get a cap for it.   What about the beam, does it come out of the aperture straight or does it come out at an angle?  
I guess you're right...
The paint does not flake off. It will only come off if you scratch it purposely.
The beam comes out straight.

That looks exactly like the pen lasers that boblasers sell. I'm thinking we can get some of these from day. Thanks for the review.

yobresal said:
That looks exactly like the pen lasers that boblasers sell. I'm thinking we can get some of these from day. Thanks for the review.
I know for certain their modules are a little different...

ixfd64

I think the paint on the 'X' series will come off if you use a solvent.