Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warning: Laser and Digital camera

lasir

Warning: Just found out. A 25+ mw laser can temparory blur out almost any digital camera with a 5 second or more burst.

JLSE

Warning: Just found out. A 25+ mw laser can temparory blur out almost any digital camera with a 5 second or more burst.

And if your lucky enough it will leave nice blotches permenently in every pic you take from here on out! Not wise if you value your cam.

Though better the cam than your eyes :poke:

Benm

I think it will do permanent damage... seen lots of pictures on here taken with laser-damaged cameras. Typically its a stripe of pixels that will remain black (or some color) in all future pictures. If you're doing beamshots head-on (ie camera pointing in the general direction of a laser), i'd advise using an old camera you no longer really value.

Also notice that most digital cameras always have the sensor exposed whenever they are on (ie lens sticks out and its shield folded away) - both in 'preview' mode (obviously it needs to be on), but even when reviewing pictures you have just taken. So it could easily be damaged even when not actually taking a picture.

Yea I learned last year that my cameras CCD sensor couldn't heal itself. I tried leaving it off for a week. o_O

Welcome to the forum