Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warning Labels

So even though I think by law we're supposed to keep the little warnings on.
Do you keep it on or off and for what reason?

diachi

I keep it on cause it looks more cool, and less plain with it on  ;D

I dont think you legally need to have it after you have purchased it , only manufacturers and sellers would need to keep it on for obvious reasons, it would also need to be kept on if it was used in a place of employment .

Diachi

Edit : It would also need to stay on if it was being used in a public demonstration.

Ace82

I leave it on to keep units looking professional. And for my DIY’s, I put one (usually the same one recycled from the Aixiz module), although I never show the power ratings.

Razako

I keep them on all of my serious lasers. All of my cheap dx lasers and pulsar are without labels.

i took the sticker off my WL 35 once, looked like crap so i stuck it back on :-/

I leave them on, it gives it a better look to them. For instance, if the DX200 red didn't have a sticker, well, it wouldn't look like a laser at all.

depends on what laser, nothing to do with safety just what would look good. <15mw i would probably take off. >500mw i would leave on for sure :cool:

It depends. On my PPL I removed the sticker because it was placed on the air cooling ribs which looks weird imho. On my ebayser the sticker wasn't very adhesive so I removed it before it fell off by itself. On my other 2 lasers the warning labels are still in place.

I took it off my WL Fusion because the lens cap set won't fit with the sticker on... great designing there...

Otherwise, I leave them on :)

I leave them on incase i have to sell the laser. Then people will know what power they are buying.

I use my laser allot, so the sticker on mine is almost unreadable and is about to fall off. :(
Damn expander!

I really like to have a sticker on there, otherwise it looks more like a boring pen.

If the laser cops ever pull you over with a class IIIb, it helps to have as many labels on it as you can. :-X I just found out the hard way by an FDA official this weekend in Florida...