Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WARNING: Focalprice.com sells JUNK.

If you want the full review, go here: Laser Product Review Blog: LP142B Focalprice.com Green Laser Pointer Review but here is the summarized version:

I ordered a laser that is supposed to be 200mw. Obviously being a chinese reseller/drop-seller store, it's probably junk but I would hope that even if I get a 50mw laser out of it, I'll be relatively happy with that.

Well, I did get a laser, but it worked for 2 minutes, and that's it. I brought it into work right after getting it so I could check it out but it stopped working - light just went dim and then... nothing. Not even IR output. Nothing.

So I did some testing when I got home, and the battery was fine. It turns out the driver for the diode was crap... I hooked up the diode to another driver and boom - instant output. Worked fine...

Needless to say, I'm trying to either get a working replacement, or get my money back because I could go somewhere else like to PriceAngels and get a laser that I know will be working, or if not I can at least talk to John about it and see about getting a working one.

Jeez. First experience with Focalprice is a horrible one. No answers from customer service... so needless to say I won't be buying from them again.

Do not attempt to get a replacement, Focalprice has long been a junk seller.

Good to know - thanks for the advice.

I'll try and simply get a refund and see what happens :)

Buahahaha I love your "sexplanation" there.

Yeah - I paid 50$ for it, which is what I'm now realizing 50$ too much. Regardless, it was a learning experience and if I get my monies back, it'll be going elsewhere most definitely.

It's no big deal. Money can easily be wasted in this hobby. :beer:

enigmahack sorry to hear that focalprice sent you a huge POS!!! All I can say is better luck next time, and hopefully you can get some or all of your money back.

Thanks Coherent Light - I appreciate that. Yeah - I kind of see it already as lost funds, though I have a simple host I might be able to use down the road for something else.

Lesson learned :)

If You can use it for a build that would be some consolation. Just pick up a green module from here or somewhere on the web. Pop it in and you should be good to go.