Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

WANTED: LM317 Based Driver

dingle

Anyone here up for selling a LM317 based driver at a decent price (via paypal)?

Shipping to the united states

PM me and we could discuss this further i guess.

dingle

I already made the kit and am completely unable to figure out what went wrong, but i think i killed the LM /w heat... not sure

I definetly would like to build my own but i don't have the money to be mucking around trying to figure out whats wrong and whatnot.

I'll definetly try again in the near future though

Gazoo

The LM317 is a very tough bugger. I have accidentally hooked mine up wrong, and let it get very hot. They are thermal protected, so they are very difficult to damage.

a_pyro_is

dingle said:
I already made the kit and am completely unable to figure out what went wrong, but i think i killed the LM /w heat... not sure

I definetly would like to build my own but i don't have the money to be mucking around trying to figure out whats wrong and whatnot.

I'll definetly try again in the near future though
Post in the Experiments & Modifications Board include pics if you can and show us what you've made so far. I'm 90% sure we can get your circuit working.

dingle

I think mine got hot from the soldering part, it does heat up way to much while batteries are connected too though.

I'll get a post up this weekend, i've already paid to have a driver built, but i could always use two :p