Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

WANTED:  100pcs cheap red laser diode modules

seriosity

Hello Everybody.... I'm really glad to have found this forum, as I've been finding myself tinkering about with lasers more and more lately. Currently I'm working on a project where I need 100 to 200 pcs of a cheap approx 5mW laser diode module. Does anybody have a lot of laser modules (new or used) that they would be interested in selling? Or perhaps you know of a good place to buy bulk modules cheap?

Thanks
-Dan

pseudonomen137

Re: WANTED:  100pcs cheap red laser diode modules

If you go on eBay you can get those cheapo dollar store red lasers for <$1 apiece in quantity (I bought 60 for ~$50 IIRC). Those aren't great quality though and there are many problems with using them, but they're cheap! If you wanted true 5mW, quality modules, you'd be paying a few times more, but you can try checking out mfgcn.com / AixiZ.

More importantly though, what project are you planning on using them for? That will help determine what product would be best for you.

seriosity

Re: WANTED:  100pcs cheap red laser diode mod

Thanks for the tip...

I've ordered some samples from e-bay before purchasing a large quantity of those cheap laser key chains. Basically i'm interested in internal reflection through solid mediums. in other words, watching beams bounce around thick blocks of acrylic or glass.

-Dan

Reactions: ARG