Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to get 2 lasers, need advice.

No, he means those bullet shaped pointers which emit a little red dot. Theyre small and pretty weak, I'd guess a maximum of 1-2mW.

Your guess is spot on from what I've seen. I put my very old bullet shaped pointer (650nm & actually has a serial number) I bought a very long time ago at a hardware store (at least a decade if not more) that I've used with my cats (still works well) on my Laserbee LPM and it peaked at 1.8mW and was stable at 1.5mW.

Rifter

Your guess is spot on from what I've seen. I put my very old bullet shaped pointer (650nm & actually has a serial number) I boughtbought a very long time ago at a hardware store (at least a decade if not more) that I've used with my cats (still works well) on my Laserbee LPM and it peaked at 1.8mW and was stable at 1.5mW.

I will purchase one of these for the cats, I was just hoping to get something low powered enough that runs on aaa's

Munk

Jetlasers makes many high power handhelds for very affordable prices under $300 anywhere from a 1-2W 445nm, the biggest lasers in your price range. They also make nearly every color you'd want. 2W 445nm is easily visible even during the day, I can see my 1.7W Arctic. Plus there are MANY MANY MANY features you don't get on other lasers. Go check them out, I'm sure you'll love what you find :) I sure do, I'm gonna get a 4.5W 445nm soon and very pleased to do so