Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to build RED dorcy jr laser

Hello guys
I've been enjoying my dorcy jr blu ray laser for quite some time now, but I've grown a little tired of it :D... I want a new project to work on. I've decided I want to build a red version of the dorcy jr..

Heres what I've got so far
1. one dorcy jr old style flashlight
2. one dark horse hear sink
3. one hightechdealz laser diode housing.

so I guess I'm missing the driver and the red diode, and the lens. Now that's the part I leave to you guys... I want this thing to be really powerful. What are my options?

heres a video of my blu ray laser

Dorcy Blu-Ray Laser 120ma 405nw build & 15 balloon pop on Vimeo

rockz

LPC-815 diode is the most powerful you can get reasonably and its also on hightechdealz. You can use the drlava boost drivers for it.

Sounds good! And when you say drlava boost drivers, do you mean the micro flexdrive???

And what mA should I preset it at? Remember I want some real power, enough to light some cigars and burn things at a distance.

http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php

P.s What kind of lens would be good to give this thing a punch?

Sorry for so many questions.

Last edited:
Sounds good! And when you say drlava boost drivers, do you mean the micro flexdrive???

And what mA should I preset it at? Remember I want some real power, enough to light some cigars and burn things at a distance.

http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php

P.s What kind of lens would be good to give this thing a punch?

Sorry for so many questions.
You should set it at 400-420 mA max,

Use 650-G-1 lens for maximum power, can buy them from member Jayrob here, for about $50. If that's expensive to you regular plastic lens that comes with the laser diode housing is enough.