Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to build 300-400mW 405nm what do I need?

I have a c6 for a host and I'm planning on using an 18650 li ion .

1. What diode do I need?

2. What driver do I need?

3. Anything else I might need?

jimdt7

Ok first of all you MUST buy safety goggles ! I recommend you the eaglepair ones !

You will need an aixiz module (o-like.com),6X 405nm diode(o-like.com),and a flexdrive V5(drlava LPF). Also a glass lens(o-like.com) or a G1 lens(jayrob LPF) and a very good heatsink(modwerx.com or a custom one from jayrob).

Thats all you need !

Jim

he said most of it^
but you will also need a soldering iron, silicone wire, know what mA to set the driver to, and you might want to heatsink the Flexdrive. ( i cant remember at the moment what the current is suppose to be) if you find the eaglepair too expensive, dragonlasers.com sells some pretty good ones for around half the price :p
whats your price limit? you could easily build a >700mw 405 depending on your price range
flexdrive heatsink - www.dealextreme.com sells some copper ones IIRC
Soldering Iron- Fry's, Home depot, etc.
Silicone wire- ask around. some members have some spare wire :p
Glasses- www.dragonlasers.com
if you havent looked at bennett326 signature :D-- http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/i-want-build-laser-thread-52972.html

Last edited:
Ok first of all you MUST buy safety goggles ! I recommend you the eaglepair ones !

You will need an aixiz module (o-like.com),6X 405nm diode(o-like.com),and a flexdrive V5(drlava LPF). Also a glass lens(o-like.com) or a G1 lens(jayrob LPF) and a very good heatsink(modwerx.com or a custom one from jayrob).

Thats all you need !

Jim

uh a 6x diode wont give him 400mW also a modwerx heat-sink wont fit a c6 get a 12x sled from 0-like a

as far as the heatsink get in on mohs GB or buy one from survival laser jayrob has them to but they are more pricey

EDIT: personally i would build a lm117 driver instead of buying a 25 dollar driver but you will have to use 2 cells

Last edited:
Haha cool. I have goggles , soldering iron wire and all that. I just finished a 1.5w 445nm build that I put into a trustfire f22 wicked little host.

Ok so then a 12x from o-like is what I need. ?

What's the difference between the 6 and the 12?

Haha cool. I have goggles , soldering iron wire and all that. I just finished a 1.5w 445nm build that I put into a trustfire f22 wicked little host.

Ok so then a 12x from o-like is what I need. ?

What's the difference between the 6 and the 12?

power you wont get more than 200mW out of a 6x without high risk of diode death or short life

driver : microboost (since its a 12x)
diode : 12x or 6x depending on budget and other stuff

other : multimeter
testload (4.2v 6 rectifier diodes)

this
18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
as your battery contact (sand down the edges, i have one of these) blank and drill a holw for your + contact, file down the side and thru-hole solder for neg contact

aaaand thats it. most of whats there is my setup atm. waiting on Eudaimonium's heatsink -.- been a few weeks. oh well.