Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Viper 55mW?

Just purchased the viper 55mW from dragon lasers. Just wondering the pro's and con's and if i could get some feedback on peoples experiences with it?

lol sorry pal but you just got ripped off :( DL is too pricy! i got a CNI (CNI makes lasers for DL and NOVA) 50mW pen and it is doing ~100/110mW! you wont get that outta a DL 55mW... they would sell this as a "viper 125"

lol sorry pal but you just got ripped off :( DL is too pricy! i got a CNI (CNI makes lasers for DL and NOVA) 50mW pen and it is doing ~100/110mW! you wont get that outta a DL 55mW... they would sell this as a "viper 125"

Dragonlasers sells CNI pens. And of all the pen lasers I have owned, my CNI pens were my favorites.
From what I have read, DL gets good reviews and sells good products. It is in no way a rip off so I don't see a reason to make him feel like he has made an unwise decision.
A 55mW from DL will likely average 55-65mW.

As long as you are happy with it, there is no reason to regret it. My first "high power" green was A NOVA X105. It cost more than buying direct from the manufacturer (CNI) but service was good, shipping was excellent, and like I said, CNI pens are NICE!

If you ever decide to upgrade to higher power, check out the CNI group-buy. You can get higher power pens for a very good price.

My first High power green was a DL-95. Big bucks 3 years ago. I have carried it every day and it always works. A little over spec even after I dropped it on the street once.
My DL-95 has peeling paint, dents and wear but never fails to amaze the "unenlightened" !!!

HMike

mfo

Why do you have to say stuff like that? If he's happy with his purchase, then why do you have to shoot him down?

@Outlaw: You didn't get ripped off. In fact, you made a wise decision as DL is a reseller of CNI products. Sure they may be a tad on the expensive side, but you're getting a very well constructed (and chances are over spec) product so it's worth it. A lot of people on this forum for some reason are afraid to shell out a few extra dollars for quality. They'd rather order cheap pieces of craps from places like deal-extreme which are shabby.

Frank from DL is very helpful as I'm sure you've found out. I personally ordered a 125mW viper from there at the beginning of this summer, and out of all of my lasers it's still my favorite (although my blue might replace it when it finally arrives).

Pros:.
1) Very bright
2) Very solid construction
3) Looks awesome at night time. Just be very careful when you go skyward. Make sure no planes or other aircraft are around.
4) 99% chance it's going to be over-spec.
5) Will mildly sting skin :eg:

Cons:.
1) You're not going to want to put it down.
2) Unless you buy rechargeables, you're going to be spending a lot of $ on batteries :eg:
3) You're going to want a more powerful one once you see how impressive this one is.

Don't listen Don't Laze Me Bro, you're going to love this pen when it arrives. Also I do hope you are patient because shipping will take a while so don't be alarmed if two weeks go by and you still don't have it.

VW

Just to add a little confidence to the discussion, I ordered a Hulk 150mW and what I got was a laser that averages >200mW. You might not recieve a unit that's quite as over spec as that, but you deffinately didn't get ripped off.

mfo

Just to add a little confidence to the discussion, I ordered a Hulk 150mW and what I got was a laser that averages >200mW. You might not recieve a unit that's quite as over spec as that, but you deffinately didn't get ripped off.

Yeah, saying that DL is a ripoff is really, really ignorant.

Moptsp

I wouldn't say you got ripped off. DL has reasonable prices. Sure you could get it much cheaper in a GB(GroupBuy), but buying from DL may be more convenient for you.

$120 isn't bad for a high grade laser, it's not like it's coming from DX...
Those you can expect to get ruffly the same output for $30-$50 lol.

Have fun with your laser, but be careful with it and use glasses indoors(And anywhere else you find it smart too).

-Moptsp