Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video: Pocket blue laser + lightning bolts

attachment.php

Share link: http://d.ro/laserbolt

There was a big thunderstorm that blew through the other day with rather intense downpours and so I decided to record some video of one of my pocket 1 Watt blue laser beams in the rain. By chance I happened to capture the beam smack in the middle of two forks of a lightning bolt and it came out really awesome as this image above shows.

Unfortunately I didn't have my HD camera handy so the quality of the video is not as good as it could be but I think it still turned out well.

Cheers!

-Scott

Attachments

• laser-lightning-bolts.jpg
    laser-lightning-bolts.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,932
Last edited:

Things

Re: Pocket blue laser + lightning bolts

That's a cool shot you got there :)

That's a cool shot you got there :)

Thanks! It turned out better than I had expected. It makes me want to try for a better shot the next time a big storm blows through, something in HD. Also it would be even cooler with a slow motion camera.

Loving the blue power. ;)

attachment.php

-Scott

Last edited:

Things

Heheh, I've got the highspeed camera and a blue laser, but always lacking on the intense storms :(

Well with any luck one'll blow through your way as winter deepens down south there. That would be so cool to see slow motion video of a laser in the thick of lightning bolts!

Very cool! Reminds me of my Arctic thunder pic.

+1 keep going on :wave:

Wow, that is a very cool photograph! From a strictly static image standpoint your image definitely has mine beat. The next storm that rolls through bears recording on video with that setup!

-Scott

Last edited: