Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video Of My 95mW Nexus Misbehaving :)

NairB

;)

This is a video of my WL Nexus burning the wooden steps on step ladders.....enjoy
popcorn.gif

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/nairbs/?action=view&current=BurnWood.flv

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i remember seeing you post that first video on wicked lasers a while back i think- it's one of my favorites.

that nexus can certainly drive 95. absolutely awesome heh

Athoul

Those are awsome vids, haven't seen them in awhile! Do you still have that one?

Oh man! That is BEAUTIFUL!!

i remember whn i had my Nexus. and i couldnt burn wood!
and i could barley light a might. and baloons were OK to do.

but im really thinking that mine was underpowered.
*kicks myself for not yellign at steve some more o[f my fauly laser*
*but doesnt matter after now it has been stolen*

Yours a freak ?

S

sprtdude91

I liked that video when you posted it on lasercommunity and I still like it, when I get my P150 from psuedo i hope it can burn wood!!!!

NairB

Athoul said:
Those are awsome vids, haven't seen them in awhile! Do you still have that one?
I do Athoul and its still working :D

jedilinux said:
Oh man! That is BEAUTIFUL!!

i remember whn i had my Nexus. and i couldnt burn wood!
and i could barley light a might. and baloons were OK to do.

but im really thinking that mine was underpowered.
*kicks myself for not yellign at steve some more o[f my fauly laser*
*but doesnt matter after now it has been stolen*

Yours a freak ?
Thanks Jedi....well I need to come clean about it.....it is outputting over 95mW as it is supremely bright (very uncomfertable to look at without Goggles) BUT its collimation is not good 2.0mRad.
When I adjusted the collimating plate inside the laser, I focused it to a fine beam approx 6 inches in front of apperture. At this point the Nexus will BURN absolutly anything :D. I can now turn this plate anytime I want to either use it as normal, star pointing etc or for burning experiments....ie what you seen in the vids.

sprtdude91 said:
I liked that video when you posted it on lasercommunity and I still like it, when I get my P150 from psuedo i hope it can burn wood!!!!

And thanks you sprtdude91 - As you read above, gives away my secret of makeing my Nexus a real badass.

Is it a pulsar (red) laser you are getting....if so it will not burn wood as the beam is too wide. Infact, it might struggle to light a match, you need to focus it with a lens. Even a green laser needs to have a really tight beam with excellent collimation, well below 1.2mRad before it starts to burn wood, so dont build your hopes up. I think you really need to be in the 200mW+ power to have a chance to even start burning wood with a laser with collimation around 1.2 to 1.5mRad.

I don't know maybe someone like Athoul or pseudo can verify what I said as they have these higher powered units.

-NairB

S

sprtdude91

yea ur prolly right that it wouldn't burn wood right from wicked, but my Pulsar 150mw got fixed up by pseudo, improved conductivity, focusable, and widened aperture! I've popped balloons at over 26ft and lit a match at over 7ft and it even burns wood!! I've already engraved my name on a few of our wooden items around the house...lol. it's initial burst is around 180mw, then stable around 165mw, and once focused down on something, it doens't stand a chance :), i'll upload some vid's once my camera gets fixed! I'm very pleased with it's performace, the only thing is that it has to be dark for it to work, but that's a small price to pay.