Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Viasho Group Buy interest

Viasho Group Buy (Optotronics for cheap)

Hey this isn't a group buy, but rather a thread asking about the interest of one.

Would You guys want RPL units? My talks with CNI haven't been the greatest, and Scope and I have both been trying, but we have also been talking to Viasho to see if it is possible to do a group buy.

Basically CNI is being stingy on pricing, releasing information, leaving (at least me) on the line or to wait a while, and won't let us have access to their prime units.

So please let me know if there is interest, or if you interested in the CNI group buy would want Viasho RPL units.

Viasho Manufactures Optotronic's lasers, However you may not get quite up to optotronics, you may get better it depends. Optotronics has stateside support and easier to reach support, they also have a longer warranty and better QC. However depending on how much I can save (I'm pretty poor) I am going with Viasho, I hope i don't have to order from CNI

Reasoning is CNI's lasers (some) require a 1 minute duty cycle and 5 to ten minutes off! Viasho's don't need this, and they won't be damaged. CNI does manufacture the Hercules but they will not sell to us or even a similar model with a fan.

Last edited:

Do you have an idea how much the RPLs would cost if you got a GB going?
Just to clarify.
You won't get an RPL laser from Viasho, you will get the standard Viasho portable laser that is marketed to many other Chinese retailers.
The RPL design belongs to Optotronics and includes serveral non-standard higher performance components that are designed into our Optotronics RPL laser body. To avoid confusion with the the standard Viasho portable laser, Viasho approached us early last year to create a new exterior body to contain our performance RPL and to set it apart from their basic portable laser. The RPL spec has better/ lower divergence, longer duty cycle and because of these higher quality / performance components, it includes a full 12 month warranty.

If Glenn or anyone else is interested in an RPL group buy, then Optotronics is willing work them to get a decent discount of 25% on any group buy of 10 units and even higher discount if 20-25 pcs are ordered at one time (leadtime of 2-3weeks).

That sounds MUCH better. And easier. I would rather work with americans ( you are in america right) Than chinese, its diffucult. And with those prices I'm sure we can get a discount. Do you have more infor on your new type green laser. And I have the money, and am extremely interested.

Emc2

That sounds MUCH better. And easier. I would rather work with americans ( you are in america right) Than chinese, its diffucult. And with those prices I'm sure we can get a discount. Do you have more infor on your new type green laser. And I have the money, and am extremely interested.

Yes he is in america, Colorado. Definately buy from Jack if you want high quality.

unlimited on my 532 green blue though is limited to about 5-7 minutes tops

I don't understand how it's unlimited. Is it a more efficient design compared to LG's Hercules. Freakin fan cooled

Void

Just to clarify.
You won't get an RPL laser from Viasho, you will get the standard Viasho portable laser that is marketed to many other Chinese retailers.

The RPL spec has better/ lower divergence, longer duty cycle and because of these higher quality / performance components, it includes a full 12 month warranty.

Optotronics have a good reputation, and deserve it.
But if you ask Viasho, there is no difference in quality.
Optotronics is only trying to make us believe this.

This has been discussed many times.
LINK: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/super-prometheus-387mw-avg-700mw-capable-23026.html#post463208
I sent Viasho a mail to ask them. There is no difference.

Here are the non-biased arguments for Opto vs Viasho:

Optotronics:
++ excellent customer service (with a refound system!)
+ always overspec
+ 12 month warranty
- but expensive compared to Viasho

Viasho:
+ good customer service
+ always overspec (or replacement)
++ very good price
(I, among others, have a very good experience with them)

pseudonomen137 (respected LPF-member) also distributes Viasho-units.
He calls them "Prometheus", and offers 12 month warranty.

Best regards,
Void

Last edited:
I just PM'd Jack about a possible GB on the RPL's i would love to help him out if possible

John