Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

VERY BAD Selling Experience with Jhoke02!

I originally met Jhoke02 on this thread where he said he needed help making a laser gun sight. So I told him I could help and he accepted my offer, so we started emailing back and forth and we actually got the build progressing. He decided that he wanted 3 Custom Laser Sights that where <3in long and <1/2in thick, so I pm'ed Ehgemus about making 3 custom hosts to house the diodes and batteries and Ehgemus told me he could make them and that the hosts would probably make the size requirements. So I wrote up a quote and emailed it to Jhoke02 asking him to send the money to my paypal... not long after he emailed me back saying he'd send the money that night. Well long story short he didn't send the money, so I emailed him again a couple days later and asked him if he sent it and he said that he had to activate his paypal but that he now had it activated and that he'd send the money immediately. Well once again he didn't send the money, but now he wont respond to my emails! So today (a little over a week later) I sent him an email saying that I would not continue the build with him because of his flaky payment. What are you're guy's thoughts on this whole thing?

Last edited:

I discussed manufacturing a lot of the things for him but his flakiness made me back out as well. If I remember right he was the one who wanted a bunch of really cheap lasers with pressure switches for some sort of tool right?

Sorry you wasted your time, at least your not out anything else.

I discussed manufacturing a lot of the things for him but his flakiness made me back out as well. If I remember right he was the one who wanted a bunch of really cheap lasers with pressure switches for some sort of tool right?

Sorry you wasted your time, at least your not out anything else.

Yep thats thats the build... I hate it when people are super like "on top of it" the whole build and like respond to your emails quickly, then when it comes to payment they have really slow responses and are suupperrr flaky on the payment!

I deal with issues like that on a daily basis, I think I have become a little better at picking out the flaky ones because of it.

In the future, ask for some R&D compensation even if it's not much. That should weed out the tire kickers from the ones who are ready to get to business.

You are lucky that you didn't get pulled in any further.
I would now stay clear of this member..
About 1.5 Years ago a young (age unknown at the time)
member here asked me to design some special electronic
circuit for one of his buddies..

I spent a weekend designing and testing the required
circuit only to be told it was too expensive and they
thought it was free...
He is now blackballed from doing any business with me..

I've also learned to weed out the flaky ones...

Jerry

JLSE

tumblr_ku6qp0dPG01qz4wuso1_400.jpg

You are lucky that you didn't get pulled in any further.
I would now stay clear of this member..
About 1.5 Years ago a young (age unknown at the time)
member here asked me to design some special electronic
circuit for one of his buddies..

I spent a weekend designing and testing the required
circuit only to be told it was too expensive and they
thought it was free...
He is now blackballed from doing any business with me..

I've also learned to weed out the flaky ones...

Jerry
was it a circuit board for a variable speed mechanical penis?
not that that would interest me, i'm just curious
I don't me bi-curious either, just regularly curious.
....i'm leaving now

In the future, ask for some R&D compensation even if it's not much. That should weed out the tire kickers from the ones who are ready to get to business.

Excellent advice:beer:

+Rep.

Even a very small down payment on "project assessment" will show you immediately whether a person is serious.

was it a circuit board for a variable speed mechanical penis?
not that that would interest me, i'm just curious
I don't me bi-curious either, just regularly curious.
....i'm leaving now

No Moh... you just gave yourself away...

That project is still in the design stage but should
be ready to ship to you real soon....:whistle:
Bye...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:

LaZeRz

LOL! Whats wrong with the real thing?

Reps for the laughs (can't rep you now Jerry)

Last edited: