Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

VectraLasers.Com Scam Alert

PLEASE NOTE SITE AND NAME IS VECTRALASERS.COM, I forgot to add a C there in title.

Hi Everyone,

I am on a quest to warn all those looking to buy a laser pointer. I recently purchased a laser from VectraLasers.Com. It was a small purchase of around $110. A week went by and I never heard anything from them so I decided to sent an email asking about when shipment is coming. Below is the response I received.............

---------------------------------------

Dear

The Vectralasers Team hopes this email reaches you well!

Please file for a Paypal dispute for the laser devices that you ordered as soon as possible. Our Paypal account has been hacked and we currently have no means of refunding your payment.

We already have disabled the Paypal payment system on our website and are likewise working with the company in order to restore our Paypal account.

Team Vectralasers would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your patronage and we would like to assure you that we will be launching a better and more secure payment system soon.

Thank you.

Regards,

Customer service

Now keep in mind I ordered 2 weeks prior to sending them a email, and this was thier response. I wonder if they would have told me anything if I never emailed them? Also note thier phone number does not work, another sign of "scam sites" and they claim to be a Fortune 500 company, but my order was 00013?

So just wanted to warn everyone I can as I hate to see these types of scum take advantage of people.

Last edited:

If that were the case why were we not notified? They only replied to me after I sent emails asking where my order was. And if you look at their site, still taking PP, and phone still not working. Clearly a scam site. Buyer Beware.

I've been in this same exact situation...

In that case I believe the site really was hacked.

I hope by now you filed a paypal dispute. If you haven't, do so immediately.

File dispute for non receipt.

IMPORTANT. You have to escalate the dispute to a claim yourself. If you don't PP will automatically close it after a while.

Chances are, no one will ever respond to the dispute, so you'll get your money back, but it will take a while (about a month IIRC).

Good luck and keep us posted.

PLEASE NOTE SITE AND NAME IS VECTRALASERS.COM, I forgot to add a C there in title.

Hi Everyone,

I am on a quest to warn all those looking to buy a laser pointer. I recently purchased a laser from VectraLasers.Com. It was a small purchase of around $110. A week went by and I never heard anything from them so I decided to sent an email asking about when shipment is coming. Below is the response I received.............

Dear

The Vectralasers Team hopes this email reaches you well!

Please file for a Paypal dispute for the laser devices that you ordered as soon as possible. Our Paypal account has been hacked and we currently have no means of refunding your payment.

We already have disabled the Paypal payment system on our website and are likewise working with the company in order to restore our Paypal account.

Team Vectralasers would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your patronage and we would like to assure you that we will be launching a better and more secure payment system soon.

Thank you.

Regards,

Customer service

Now keep in mind I ordered 2 weeks prior to sending them a email, and this was thier response. I wonder if they would have told me anything if I never emailed them? Also note thier phone number does not work, another sign of "scam sites" and they claim to be a Fortune 500 company, but my order was 00013?

So just wanted to warn everyone I can as I hate to see these types of scum take advantage of people.
I have been waiting for over a month and still no responce from VectraLasers. Starting process through PayPal to get my money back.

As mentioned they are still taking paypal payments, and of course they now do not respond to me. Check thier phone as well, no go.

Don't read into the comments, if you want to get scammed, by all means order from them. But I am here to just give fair warning. And if you actually do give your CC number, well then you would truely be a fool.