Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

USPS rant

Yikes! Dosen't USPS offer refunds if your package dosen't get to it's destination in time?

-Alex

I think so. My mom sent it. She said she was going to talk to the PO about getting a refund.

Look at the time stamp. It arrived in AL for some reason then was sent out to the proper destination and now it's back in AL. Yeah something messed up there. Maybe a bad label?
Man I would be pissed too. You paid extra for 2 day priority and it's been a week.

I don't know why it would be sent back to Virginia. They should look at the city and state too. Not just the zip code.

I don't know why it would be sent back to Virginia. They should look at the city and state too. Not just the zip code.

This happened awhile back when I sent my 593.5 to gozert in the Netherlands. It got to the Netherlands, then got sent to Canada for some reason, then back to the Netherlands :eek:

I live in the USA, what did it end up doing in Canada? Visiting the country or something :)

-Alex

Gabe

This happened awhile back when I sent my 593.5 to gozert in the Netherlands. It got to the Netherlands, then got sent to Canada for some reason, then back to the Netherlands :eek:

I live in the USA, what did it end up doing in Canada? Visiting the country or something :)

-Alex

I just wanted to make sure it was alright ;)

Gabe

Ah, it was you then who delayed the package! How did you enjoy the Rigel? I hope gozert said it was ok you took it for awhile :p

-Alex
It was a lot less scratched than my current one :/

Sent a package to Israel once. Find it by my door the next day, and showing online as delivered!

Went to post office... oh well, we misread the label. :wtf: how do you misread the label, what with all the customs forms also stuck on there and having charged me $80 or so for it?

I've also had packages literally ping pong through the country a few times. California to texas to chicago to ny, back to chicago, and then to nj.

On the one hand, it's amazing to me, the logistics of getting a package across hundreds, thousands of mines for $6, in just 2-3 days.

On the other hand when those logistics, and sorting centers screw up, they usually REALLY screw up.

My favorite was still receiving a priority box that was water damaged, in a plastic envelope, and with multiple boot prints on it. Incredibly, the laser inside survived unharmed.

Oh, and the nice little insert message that came with the plastic baggie... basically just says we handle a lot of mail, and occasionally screw up - sorry, but we're not responsible.

Gabe

Wtf... "Yeah sorry we tossed it in the river and danced on it in the mud... Not on us"

This is exactly the note;
po2.jpg

Oh, and if you do happen to insure the package, you will have to prove the full value of the package, the contents of the package, and the claim can take 3 months easily. Lovely lovely system.

D

Deleted member 16589

Why did it go from Alabama to Virginia in the first place.
Second its weird it went from ROANOKE, VA to COLUMBIA, SC then went back to Va I wonder if it was left on a truck.

Always buy the insurance for valuables.

Ok so let me tell you guys. That job sucks. I know because I did it for about 1 month.
First off you get to work at 6 am and you pick up about 6 totes that are about 2 feet long each. This is your unsorted mail.
Next you take that mail that is only sorted by "routes" but is not in any order at all and you sort it between all your 800 houses on your route. Yes I said 800 houses(or P.O. Boxes [about 200 of it was P.O. Boxes]).
You stand in a U-shaped cubbie hole with slots about 1 inch apart. Your route starts on the top left and you work your way around. There are about 5 rows like this stacked.
Once you complete that you go back and get about 2-3 more trays 2 feet long that is completely sorted (by a machine, it's not perfect but really good). That mail is pretty easy to put up actually.
Next you do packages. Those are in large bins, you look at the address and put it in order "First in, Last out" basically first stop goes in the basket first so when you get to the car to load it for delivery it's in the front. You have to then go back to your U-Shaped Cubbie and place a marker in the spot to remind yourself to grab a package. Then there are different kinds of packages and they alll have different signature requirements or scanning requirements. Some have regulations and some don't.
Then you go to another location and grab the magazines...
Not in order...
Then you do the Flyers and Advertisements.
Then you take down all the mail and put rubber bands on a small handfull (bundle)
You have you use two rubber bnds, one going north-south, and one eat-west... Otherwise it will all fall apart in your car.
Then you load up your car (as a rural route carrier like I was)
And you go deliver.
Oh did I forget to mention that you only get a 30 minute bucket of break minutes.
Go to the restroom, Deduct some time.
Go to lunch, Deduct some time.
Oh and driving from the passenger seat is fun.
And the joy of learning your route.
Was I supposed to turn here?
It was dark when I got to work...
It's dark when I'm leaving work...
In one day I would have had to make 3 stops back at the post office to make more room for packages... IN A STATION WAGON. Luckily the regular driver came in that day to help deliver because she knew there was no way I could get it done.

Now picture this, you are driving from the passenger seat of your car. The mail is in the driver seat next to you. Now imagine twisting over 600 times from left to right and reaching out the window 600 times. Now picture ice all over the mailbox door. (This happened in Texas in January of 2015). Now add in the fact the 200 additional boxes are open air P.O. Boxes. No roof, no walls, Just the street boxes. all while it's sleeting. If it doesn't sound that bad, did I mention the packages? Oh you wanted that at your front door? Oh you have to sign for this one too?

All for 16.00 an hour...... NOPE....

And for Pete's Sake... DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF YOUR MAILBOX!

Oh yeah and no you do not get good insurance... Because you are not eligible until you are full time. They do not hire people into full time any longer. You can only become full time once you get the seniority to take someone's full time route. There were people that have waited over 3 years... and the part time pay was around 16.00 an hour... Not Good.

It was a job after I got laid off from Sprint after 12 years and it only lasted a month to hold me over until something better came along...
Now I'm an Electronic Medical Records trainer and I am enjoying it!

And yeah, when the computers mess up the packages at the sorting facility... They really really mess up. It's usually not the people. The people that have been there a long time are able to get these things done really fast.
The old lady that normally ran that route was like a machine herself. Embarrassing that I wasn't able to keep up... but I suppose she had several years experience on me, and I wasn't willing to even consider continuing that as a career. Pay is far far too low. I was told the pay was like 27.00. When I got hired they informed us that it was recently changed due to a decline in profitability. Plus they tried to force me into the union. I don't need a pimp. I can speak for myself.

Last edited: