Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Useful information for all members who are going to order products from China, HK, TW

If you are going to place an order from China, HK, or Taiwan, or if you already placed an order in the last few days:

Your order will not be shipped until the end of January 2012.

Why?

It is traditional 2 weeks Chinese New Year holiday.

Chinese will back to work beginning of February. Everything will be jammed with packages, so it is better to wait for at least next 3-4 days.

I thought it might be useful info for some of you, because many Chinese sellers will not tell you that.

:beer:

What I meant by "it is better to wait for at least next 3-4 days."

Best time to order in situation like this one is around Feb. 4th - 6th.

First 2-3 days of February shipping/manuf. companies will be jammed with packages/orders.
Window for making an error - wide open.

Yeah I figured that out when I placed an order with olike on the 14th then on the 18th Suzie sent a email that they on holiday at that time...o well just have to wait it out.. there should be a sticky about Chinese holidays posted on the forum..

Sticky would be very useful, because you are not the only one who ordered from China.

After many years of doing business with Asia, they still find "the way" to "play" with me on that holiday card.

I must say with great success :)

Last edited:
Any one with ALL of Chinese holiday scheduled time frame please post it so we can work around this
Schedule?

The holiday schedule is from Jan. 22 to 28.

The problem is : not all companies will stop/start at the same time.

So give it 3 days before, and 3 days after official holiday schedule.

For example shipping forwarders stopped their operations on Jan. 15th 2012.

The holiday schedule is from Jan. 22 to 28.

The problem is : not all companies will stop/start at the same time.

So give it 3 days before, and 3 days after official holiday schedule.

For example shipping forwarders stopped their operations on Jan. 15th 2012.

The chinese new year actually begins jan 23 (the chinese start there vacation on the 22nd) and the last day is technically feb 6th. Now the holiday schedule (the number of days people are off of work) varies from place to place for example in Mainland China they get 7 days off but in Hong Kong I believe most industries take an extra 2 days off of work.