Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

US Customs...

The government has my DL laser... It's been "Inbound To Customs" / "Handed Over to Customs" for 7 days now... I don't think they're giving it back... DL offered to send me a new one once they can figure out if customs has it for sure or not. I don't know how long that will take, but i've been anxiously awaiting my laser... =) Hope to see it soon...

It's possible it might take a little longer, but if it was confiscated that really sucks, good luck with that! DL really should start putting at least the proper FDA labels back on their lasers as it seems they are having many times more customs issues than WL. The lasers I get from CNI have labels on them that basically state about the loophole in the law (21 CFR 1040.10) that makes it somewhat legal to import them, and I have had no troubles despite the fact the lasers aren't compliant (yeah, its probably just sheer luck, the DL might benifit from leaving them on).

NairB

:-/

Hey pseudo, you might be correct. If DL is leaving the labels off then good old customs will confiscate the laser.

In saying that, in all my time being on laser forums I can't remember the last time customs actually confiscated someones laser.

Oh no....I hope this is not a sign of things to come for you guys in the US :(

NairB

*UPDATE*

Lasers have been confiscated by US customs.....still waiting to here more on this developement :-/ :-/ :-/

Yeah, I've heard of the very rare occasional WL customs issue, and seen FDA warnings sent to both WL and CNI, but I swear I've seen/heard of at least 3-5 confiscations for DL in the past week. They seem to be trying to still make good on the deals, but either the FDA has them blacklisted pretty badly, or there's some really bad luck going on right now.

Athoul

Hm, it could be that they are not including the labels. I know that the warning labels are one of the things that are a absolute must on lasers. WL also send the packages out as a pen-light etc, however they all have the proper warning labels on them. Other then that I'm not certain, it's possible that there have been enough incidents of people using high powered lasers irresponsibly and there is a crack down going on. My feelings still tend towards the lack warning labels though. If it is, it's something that is easily corrected and makes no sense to have been removed in the first place.

I was informed by DL today it shouldn't be the stickers... But they are sending me out a new one. I agreed to pay for shipping back if I recieve the other one also...

NairB

rostrax said:
I was informed by DL today it shouldn't be the stickers... But they are sending me out a new one. I agreed to pay for shipping back if I recieve the other one also...

Thats good rostrax, please keep us updated on your new lasers progress.....hopefully you will get this one ;)

Maybe they will let you keep the first one as a gift.....after all, it is lost now as far as DL is concerned if you know what I mean. ;) ;)

I actually just ordered a laser from U.K. and they signed a cutoms diclosure on the package saying it was a laser and it got throuogh. So NO they arent illegal. Its what you do with them that can be illegal..

NairB

wiscmarine said:
I actually just ordered a laser from U.K. and they signed a cutoms diclosure on the package saying it was a laser and it got throuogh. So NO they arent illegal. Its what you do with them that can be illegal..

I don't quite understand.

Do you live outside UK(Yes or No) and ordered a laser from a company in the UK to where you live??

If so, what UK laser company was it from, if you don't mind me asking.

Im trying to understand the custom laws of the UK and how it applies to exporting lasers from UK to another country.

thanks wiscmarine

Well, it's now been 20 days since the purchase of the laser with no success in recieving it... I e-mailed DL today and am waiting on a response. This is very frustrating...

I ordered the 125mw green laser from DL on Nov 29 and it was delivered today Dec 2.. The package indicated that it was a "Record Pen" and had a value of 26.00. After reading the previous posts and others on this forum I didnt think I would ever get it...To my surprise it came extremely fast...Sorry for the bad luck you are having...I am located in the midwest US...Where are you getting it shipped to? Also mine has the warning label on it.

Damn. I ordered mine on Nov. 15th (SW US) or, the 16th in China, and it has had the same "foreign international dispatch" status since the 17th. DL tells me the laser is held back in the US due to holiday delays. But they also told me a week ago that they were sure I would receive it last week (nov 26- dec 2). I talked to USPS and they said they do have a delay but there is no record if it being scanned upon arrival in the US. So the same shipment status has been on the USPS tracking site for about ahalf of a month now. I don't know if this has anything to do with customs, but it certainly is a big shipment delay. I don't get how when both of us are in the US, and there is a 'holiday delay,' one ordered on the 29th can get there a couple days later, yet one ordered a couple weeks before can still be missing. I also know that USPS was workign on thanksgiving because I received my WL goggles on thanksgiving day. It's becoming pretty frustrating.

Mine was sent with ems.com.cn Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was hoping it would get here before xmas so I was very surprised when it showed up so soon.

Reactions: ARG
Well, a month into it and no refund no laser. I currently have a paypal dispute open, not escalated hoping that DL will be noble about this. So far, this is the worst experience i've ever had with a purchase online, and I had troubles with Wicked... *Sigh*

NairB

rostrax said:
Well, a month into it and no refund no laser. I currently have a paypal dispute open, not escalated hoping that DL will be noble about this. So far, this is the worst experience i've ever had with a purchase online, and I had troubles with Wicked... *Sigh*

GOSH rostrax....this is terrible. I thought that DL would have refunded you by now. Maybe they will get round to it soon.....i hope!!!! :-/