Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

so i recently took part in scopeguys LG groupbuy. id like to thank scopeguy/Justin for the excellent service, almost instant email replies and with the sale itself.
i noticed few days ago that everyone who took part in the GB had recieved their laser except me.
today (sat 08/03) i recieved a letter through post from parcelforce about some sort of payment, and i dont really know whats going on tbh.
it says
we are holding an international parcel for you at our depot. delivery of the parcel is subject to payment of charges raised by HM Revenues & Customs.

Import/Excise duty - £7.77
V.A.T- £48.26
other/clearance fee- £13.50
TOTAL - £69.53
thats $140.

is there no alternate? do i HAVE to pay this $140??
im totally skint now until payday which is like 2 weeks away.
please help - what is going on and what should i do??
thanks

You have no choice in the matter. The charges are the customs fees associated with importing your laser. The VAT is your country's sales tax. The other charges are holding and clearance fees. Any time customs is required there is generally a small fee but if the freight forwarder (in this case the shipping company) must hold the item in their clearance warehouse awaiting payments they also charge you for this service.

If you cannot make payment, call them right away and let them know when you will make payment. Otherwise they may think the item is abandoned and will return the item to the originator if that is indicated in the customs documents or destroy the item.

Im in the UK, and have ordered lasers from all over before and this is the first time i have experienced this.
at the moment i really cant make this payment, going on holiday in next few months saving every penny for that.
the office hours are closed until monday am now.
£70 ($140) is ALOT of tax :( curious this never happend when i ordered twice from optotronics before